Price work

Status
Not open for further replies.
My idea of worms are the ones that make ya bum hole itch, others might be thinking about worms for fishing.........and this is why we dont discuss prices cos it gives you and itchy ass..................:RpS_thumbup:
I have a worm that i use when measuring and cutting boards.........its a tape worm.:RpS_biggrin:

ive refused three phone calls from contractors this week to go back on site 1.85m2 f**k it aint workin for that anymore i will sit at home first my mate is only getting one and half a day travelling to liverpool f**k that aswell ,out of all the firms i have worked for ive never seen over 2.70 m2 they just wont pay it round here on new work ive had more but its been on refurb work

i dont mean to break the rules but round liverpool at the moment its £1.90m2 housebashing £2.10m2 commercial stuff student accommodation etc (what im doing now) its timber frame theres plasterboard everywhere calling me

i know mate i was getting double that on refurbs up until march then the firm i was on for didnt have anymore on they thought until end of april spoke to a gaffer there couple of weeks ago said they've not had anything come in to give work out to folk ,the gaffers best mate is their main spread so they keep him ticking over he was digging floors out apparently to make his week up!

Thing is @Gibbo when alls said and done any half decent spread should still be able to make a decent living even off rates like these, we all know the skim price should be closer to 4 quid a metre but theres just too many non productive pr1cks with there noses in the trough, depending on company set up your looking at a Qs , directors, contracts manager, office manager, secretary, site supervisor, offices, company vehicles, h&s policy, insurance etc etc.. the overheads keep snipping away at the meterage rates until theres not enough left in the pot to pay the important men the money that they truly deserve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most sites are run like **** by dicks that wanna paint walls in eggshell then pick out faults and not pay

Most sites are run like **** by dicks that wanna paint walls in eggshell then pick out faults and not pay

the trouble with site work is they want rolls royce quality on reliant money. you do need top prices to be able to get a high standard.
my nephew has found work as a finishing foreman for bovis, he has only worked as a plasterers labourer, you could write his knowledge on the back of a postage stamp.

I had a finishing foreman drag me back into a town house once to demand i did something with a defect on a dormer window cheek, he said you couldnt see it all the time though, i had a look and he was right it vanished every time the window was opened tw@t it was the shadow of some bird poo on the glass i said you dont need a plasterer you need a window cleaner! How do these people get a job in the first place?

Dont worry lads the good times will come back this happend 30 odd years ago and then we had a boom and we DID name our prices

In Ireland in the boom, they were charging obscene prices, 40 k for plastering an average house, now its 8 k at best

i done a lot of work here in the boom and i never got that for a house the most i got was 23 k and that house was 4000 square foot average houses were about 6k to 10k for 1000 square foot on site work

i done a lot of work here in the boom and i never got that for a house the most i got was 23 k and that house was 4000 square foot average houses were about 6k to 10k for 1000 square foot on site work
Talking of private houses, I have not worked there since 85/6 so speaking third party

Status
Not open for further replies.