Price work

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 40k was probably a bit wild alright but prices were well above english prices during the boom, people were desperate to get hold of tradesmen

I was speaking with a paddy last year in Essex and he said very similar or at least the best prices I've heard of mentioned before..

£2500 per week was normal enough in ireland for a plasterer during the boom, would you agree plasterman

i would good times but u had to work hard for that ihad a gang of four three spreads one labour u could turnover 6 t0 7 k aweek on site i had two vans a jeep and a merc belive it or not now i couldn,t buy u a pint

i would good times but u had to work hard for that ihad a gang of four three spreads one labour u could turnover 6 t0 7 k aweek on site i had two vans a jeep and a merc belive it or not now i couldn,t buy u a pint
My cousins were regularly making that money, all gone to oz now, worked hard alright, lucky to make 7/800 a week once the downturn came

any craftsmen working as hard as we do, putting up with the sh1t conditions that we do should in my opinion be cracking 50k per year, and before any smart comments start flying in i have personally p1ssed that every year even on £2.50m2.

any craftsmen working as hard as we do, putting up with the sh1t conditions that we do should in my opinion be cracking 50k per year, and before any smart comments start flying in i have personally p1ssed that every year even on £2.50m2.
50k less tax or after ?

The question was what do i think a weekly return should be? Which i think 1k a week should be a minimum,
If your asking what im turning over sorry but not even my wife knows that.

50k which triggers the 40% tax rate would equate to around 7/800 per week net so 50 k and 7/800 are about the same ball park

800 per week times 48weeks is 38k ish so no its not the same ball park i dont even think its the same sport.

1k Before or after tax per week then? 2.50 a meter less tax is £2 so 25000 metres per year to achieve this, 500 metres a week , 100 a day on average,

To simplify things i would personally expect to to be knocking on the door of £250 a day every time i leave home whether thats 5,6, or 7 days a week.

To simplify things i would personally expect to to be knocking on the door of £250 a day every time i leave home whether thats 5,6, or 7 days a week.
I wish I was young and fit like you Scottie, earn while you can ,definitely right about it been deserved

3 weeks away from my 40th john so that windows getting smaller each day, that said touch wood no aches and pains yet,

1k Before or after tax per week then? 2.50 a meter less tax is £2 so 25000 metres per year to achieve this, 500 metres a week , 100 a day on average,

that amount of skimming every day would do my head in.
i like to do other things, rendering, floating, screeding,coving, boarding, ewi, crack repairs

i like to do other things, rendering, floating, screeding,coving, boarding, ewi, crack repairs
We are skimming 3 town houses at the min, beads all around ,bottom of the walls, shadow gaps on doors windows etc, I like it but its only a 3/4 week job, when I was fully at it, we did refurbs, patch,pva and skim, day in day out, like robots in the end but I,was earning then. I prefer full refurbs now, demolishing, fitting steels, creating openings, landscaping, boarding etc. I have no experience in modern renders and due to my bones no interest now, if I was younger and fitter I would love to have a wider expanse of knowledge

Cant say i love it @malc its a bit to much like a production line, but any one who can honestly say they cant wait to get to work every day is a very lucky man.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 weeks away from my 40th john so that windows getting smaller each day, that said touch wood no aches and pains yet,
I was told to retire at 38 Scottie, still at it, screws and plastic holding me together, some metal parts been fitted in a yr and a half, earn and invest wisely, luckily I made a few pounds and I am ok and can afford six months recovery every couple of yrs but its hard mentally.

@owls im just an economic migrant mate keep it to yourself but im actually (a northerner). Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
We are skimming 3 town houses at the min, beads all around ,bottom of the walls, shadow gaps on doors windows etc, I like it but its only a 3/4 week job, when I was fully at it, we did refurbs, patch,pva and skim, day in day out, like robots in the end but I,was earning then. I prefer full refurbs now, demolishing, fitting steels, creating openings, landscaping, boarding etc. I have no experience in modern renders and due to my bones no interest now, if I was younger and fitter I would love to have a wider expanse of knowledge

refurbs are interesting, new builds are easy, we built a land bank and sold the plots off, no work at all , good profit but the taxation kills everything .

refurbs are interesting, new builds are easy, we built a land bank and sold the plots off, no work at all , good profit but the taxation kills everything .
Most of the developers I work for are buying sies now, building flats etc, more profit but less work for us..

Status
Not open for further replies.