Price of concrete ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User________removed

Private Member
As title. Anyone got any rough ideas on price of concrete per cube ?

Got my footings to start at home shortly, with 25 linear meters @ .6m wide and 1m deep gives me 15m3. Would i be far off the mark at £100 a cube giving me £1500.00 to get the concrete in ?

Just the foundations done for our extension and the concrete was £75 m3 for cash. Just a shame the feck wit that dug and poured them got the dimensions wrong and is refusing to correct them, going to finish up in court I think.

1 metre deep seems a lot.

Its whats spec'd on the drawings bud, but i dont have to fill to the top just using that as a guide so got a bit of contingency, aparently i can get 750 in then come out with trench blocks. Just been priced £65 less vat per cube, for gen 1 so starting to sound better. Planning runs out April so aiming for mid August to start, as the weather is supposed to break after this week.

Fk me last time I built an extension I think it was about 300mm. Scary!:RpS_crying:

The move toward trenchfill and thus 750 mm to m1000 mm depth of concrete as compared to 150 to 200 mm that was required years ago is not an increasing standard but more to do with speed and convenience. Trenchfill gets you out of the ground in one day, no need to carefully ensure foundation walling is correctly positioned or for concern of sides collapsing or getting covered in wet clay in rainy periods. And obviously there is the benefit of a rock solid foundation that could accommodate unknown problems within the ground or ones that later develop from trees and defective drains.

As far as i was aware 1m was the minimum depth in the U.K. trenches have to be mass filled these days days as you cant get a fat bricky down a .600 wide trench with room to build the wall as well.

do you know you local soil ? if not dig a test hole, a little bit away from the building area. if you hit ballast or ironstone break into it 150mm or 6 inches and phone the building inspector he may accept, less digging.
if it is all clay you may have to put clay boards in as well to protect the concrete from heave.
we alway trench fill it is cheaper then employing a bricklayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.