price for coving

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
and another stupid question lol. what saw do you use? what type minimises fraying when sawing?

oh and do u bother measuring down and across from the ceiling line first 83mm or whatever? or just get it up?

thankyou tony x

Nick, I personally use an irvin saw, orange handled one. Keep a bit of fine scratch handy but its normally fine. Sometimes I mark 85mm (2mm for adhesive) sometimes I don't. Depends what tickles my fancy

and another stupid question lol. what saw do you use? what type minimises fraying when sawing?

oh and do u bother measuring down and across from the ceiling line first 83mm or whatever? or just get it up?

thankyou tony x

I have an 85mm marker block to mark just the wall in the corners and on longer walls where the cove joint is. If you cut from the front of the cove, it shouldn't fray much, no matter what saw you use.

still pretty fast...but as iam getting older ,jump down of scaff board to cut cove ........o fu*k whats the measurment again,

Ive used the lightweight paperfaced stuff before.

Really impressed and extremely lightweight, can fly along with it and looks exactly like gyproc when put up.

Would well recommend

Ive used the lightweight paperfaced stuff before.

Really impressed and extremely lightweight, can fly along with it and looks exactly like gyproc when put up.

Would well recommend

Yeah, it's fine until you paint it. Then you see all your finger marks where you pushed it into place.
Most clients want the Gyproc stuff.

I've used it before but it dont bed-in as well as gyproc on uneven walls/ceilings because its not got the same weight. In my humble opinion :RpS_wink:

when driving in leeds one day i saw a van with the name[skim king] signwritten on it..... ok then.....

Status
Not open for further replies.