Price for a big ceiling?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
how the hell is a STUDIO 1000m2 someone has their wires crossed here for if its currently lath and plaster it would be almost impossible to lower without rsj's to hold it all up lol

All i can say is whats been passed to me, like i said its all talk until i have actualy seen it. All im doing here is putting out what ive been told to gauge reaction and pricing information.

Thats it ina nutshell fella!

what were u thinking of pricing it at big mart?

At present i aint got a clue. Need to see the job before i can even begin to think about it. Say it is what he says it is, there are so many things to think about, like how many spreads/labourers will it take, do i have to board it out on trestles, that kind of stuff.

Will need lots of advice... That is, if its what he says it is. Prob end up being a 10sqm shite house. ;D ;D ;D

if it is what it is it would probably be the most organised chaos ever!!.......if you do carry it off get someone to film it then speed it up a thousand times ;D

if it is what it is it would probably be the most organised chaos ever!!.......if you do carry it off get someone to film it then speed it up a thousand times  ;D

Yeah, we can all be on you tube spreading like something out of benny hill ;D ;D ;D

this has got to be a foookin windup what are you plasterin the fookin roof of a football pitch gud luk your gonna need it :eek: :eek: :p ;D

this has got to be a foookin windup what are you plasterin the fookin roof of a  football pitch gud luk your gonna need it :eek: :eek: :p ;D
football pitch is 5000m2, so its only a fifth of a footy pitch ;D

ill be the striker...............wait at the end do fook all and wait for you all to catch up ...........the left and right back aways gets a hard time!!! aswell as dealing with going forward they get left with all the angles!

400 boards and 100 bags of boardy, make that multi, you,ll have 1/2 hour longer on it ;D

£2000 materials, labour?

Thats one big ceiling :eek: I have noticed no one has asked what the ceiling height is as this could be quite crucial to the job as it might need decking out which will add extra cost. Did a ceiling of similar size years ago in a conference center in marlow near london there was 10 of us on it and it still had to be done in 3 hits we spents weekss aimesing it, there was a whole glass wall running from one side of the room to the other and it showed up every thing plus they painted it in eggshell :(

Thats one big ceiling  :eek: I have noticed no one has asked what the ceiling height is as this could be quite crucial to the job as it might need decking out which will add extra cost. Did a ceiling of similar size years ago in a conference center in marlow near london there was 10 of us on it and it still had to be done in 3 hits we spents weekss aimesing it, there was a whole glass wall running from one side of the room to the other and it showed up every thing plus they painted it in eggshell :(

Gotta see the job to be able to take it all in... My mate chunkyboy had a good point tho, he thinks the guy has got his square meters mixed up with square feet!! That would sound a bit mor fesible.

Thats one big ceiling  :eek: I have noticed no one has asked what the ceiling height is as this could be quite crucial to the job as it might need decking out which will add extra cost. Did a ceiling of similar size years ago in a conference center in marlow near london there was 10 of us on it and it still had to be done in 3 hits we spents weekss aimesing it, there was a whole glass wall running from one side of the room to the other and it showed up every thing plus they painted it in eggshell :(

the height would be key id agree cant imagine a room of that size being a standard 2.4 , but loads of spreads doing one big hit id like to see :)

i reckon if its 1000m2 you'll need 10 spreads and 5-10 labourers , 5 spreads each end (5 a side) rolling gauge and meet in the middle. each spread has 100m2, also u could buy some of those trowels on a pole for labourers to flattern with.

i think u should price it at 5k labour, thats if all spreads used stilts.

if it was me i'd still get a good tape jointer and give him a sh*t price :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.