Prep the job for the spreader

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetfixer

I have arranged for a plasterer to come in and repair my walls and ceiling. What can I do to the walls before he comes?
The plaster is resonably solid but with some areas that sound hollow. The walls were papered which I have removed. Under the paper was emulsion paint which in places has come off. The ceiling has been artexed and painted.
He has asked me to remove a large bulge in a wall and remove the very iffy plaster around the window frame which I have done.
Do I need to remove all the paint from the walls?
Do I need to wash the walls with anything special to remove wallpaper glue residue?
I will be removing all the sockets/lights and fiiting and the skirting boards.
Any other advice that will help him out?
Cheers.

You could scrape back the artex. Scrim any cracks. Hack off any blown plaster. Put angle beads on and give everywhere a good coat of pva if you want. If I was you I'd let him do it. Your paying him.

You could scrape back the artex. Scrim any cracks. Hack off any blown plaster. Put angle beads on and give everywhere a good coat of pva if you want. If I was you I'd let him do it. Your paying him.
Might aswell plaster the walls too....

if your a lady some nice underwear hanging over the radiator always brightens up the day....if your bloke then your wifes!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

It's the law :RpS_thumbsup:

Just do as he's asked you - he will do the rest but if in doubt give him a call :RpS_thumbup:

don't be silly just spend all night asking strangers on a website, suppose could always email him or text...but no not the dreaded communicate like gold old days!!!!

what a considerate client, all I can suggest is prompt payment, we all like that :RpS_thumbsup:

Krispy Cremes? You lot must be like house ends what with doughnuts and biscuits :RpS_biggrin: That'll be a trip to Tesco then.

jamesthefirst, Yes I did that. As best I could with the concentrated remover. He is going to spend the day in prep anyway. I called him rather than talking to strangers :flapper:

Very rare that I do skim a artex ceiling but I allways ask the customer if they want to scrape the artex then paint on bond it.**** job is that.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Very rare that I do skim a artex ceiling but I allways ask the customer if they want to scrape the artex then paint on bond it.**** job is that.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Whats the little old ladies reply to that!? :RpS_thumbdn:

Whats the little old ladies reply to that!? :RpS_thumbdn:

She says hes lovely. Saves her money by allowing me to do prep myself and hes even good enough to take me down the cash point AND he offered to get the money out for me as it looked cold outside and didnt want me standing outside

Status
Not open for further replies.