Pregrit - any good?

Bond it pva fast drying even on silk paint.
Selco

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190702-072945.png
    Screenshot_20190702-072945.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 348
If you ever have to remove old overskim from a pva background
You will realise how s**t it is & not fit for purpose
Not to mention the plaster finish will be inconsistent patchy drying out most blame multi finish but that is what all chancers do blame the tools or materials !
Pva is only meant for wood & as a sealer
You have never read the back of the tub then . # Hasn't got a clue.

Sbr for the last 2 years thing with pva . You think it dries but soon as you put plaster on it goes wet form again.. sbr frost protection the lot... Never used grit bond sbr sticks like s**t quick drying latex not watered down glue.. ..

I use this.
expensive but great product
I have tiled on tile at my own house with this stuff. I could not believe how much better a product this than plastering grit bonding agents. Paint on tiles and it is dry in 30mins. Why can't bg do the same baffles me.

Used to grit n mesh all my re-skims....set me apart from the rest thus being able to retire at 55
Maybe some of these pva monkeys on here should try having a look on the back of a bag of multi and read what it says regarding re-skims and going over paint......can't argue with official BG specifications.

On silky walls and ceilings I use pink grit from wickes, it's their own brand and it works really good. It's £22 a tub. But generally I just slap pva on it.

If going over silk paint I use neat pva , a very tight coat .and put my heater on ,get all your gear set up . Tea sandwich. Bob's you're auntie.

On silky walls and ceilings I use pink grit from wickes, it's their own brand and it works really good. It's £22 a tub. But generally I just slap pva on it.
Its Betakontakt mate from knauf, if your merchants have knauf boards see if they can get you the big tub of betakontakt 20kg around £60
I prefer microgobetis or Acrofix pate by prb

I have a lot of silk painted artex walls/ceilings to skim, in the past I used a couple of coats 3-1 water/PVA but someone in the trade said they see a lot of plasterers using pregrit.

It looks good stuff but what's the feeling about it here and any tips?
I used pregrit on a glossed wall and it worked a treat! I gave it a key then put pregrit on, let it dry for 24hrs then it’s good to go.

Used it today on a silk paint living room.but I.made the mistake of buying el cheapo blue grit....like boulders...had to cross trowel.it before I began lol...Will use wickes stuff next time.

Used it today on a silk paint living room.but I.made the mistake of buying el cheapo blue grit....like boulders...had to cross trowel.it before I began lol...Will use wickes stuff next time.
Bostik gear pal best grit on market for the money, think it's still 30 quid at Toolstation