Prefered system

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
With mono its easier as your in and out quicker.Although you will have late nights/early mornings to rub back.quicker turn around to get paid
With thin coat work there's more visits to site.
Both good products to make money though if done/priced right

thin coat over rend with a mineral finish like Marmorit noblo if its private. scratch render or sponge finish if its a new build

Sps Envirowall are now doing a coloured mineral finish which doesn't need to be painted and has the same waterproof properties as acrylic, not to be confused with silicone

Noblo is easy to apply and can be done with any machine with the right rotor very quick.

And if like blones u have a raft of fancy paint sprayers it only takes a couple of hours to coat over with self cleaning paint on a typical house.

Am i right jonesy

Noblo is easy to apply and can be done with any machine with the right rotor very quick.

And if like blones u have a raft of fancy paint sprayers it only takes a couple of hours to coat over with self cleaning paint on a typical house.

Am i right jonesy

But if this is done in the colder months how long are we waiting for Noblo to dry out enough before we can paint it?

Rush it and you can get peeling.

any thin coat system requires priming then topcoat. Using noblo or similar just means you do the topcoat first then paint it. You can have the same colour noblo as paint so only one coat needed. I do use airless to spray the paint but to be honest a good painter will do a better job than me so i would be better of leaving it to them.

Noblo will set in 24 hrs and dry out in a day and a half. ( 1mm per day) bucket coats take ages to set in the winter and can cause big delays. ive had wash off 7 days after i finished. As a mineral Noblo is easy to clean as you go along with clean water. unlike silicone or acrylic

Noblo is £25 a bag that covers 12 m2.

Noblo can be used on the next job and the next one. bucket coat is rarely the same colour twice because of the range of colours. Too much waste.

I very rarely spray top coats. I used to do it on all my jobs but after a while you realise you are spraying it because you have a machine to do so, not because its more economical and that for the amount of masking and downtime waiting to give it a second pass you are quicker by hand. I found the base coat had to be like a finish and of course if i'm getting 18 mts outa bag that should be only getting 12m2 then obviously its too thin.

If its a massive area then i will spray.

You can get a glimpse at the future of UK rendering patterns by looking at countries that use these systems regularly. Germany has been there and done it as far as spraying topcoats and using bucket coats. Their most popular systems are base coat and mineral finishes.

@theblones dont you find that using an airless outside the paint carries in the wind and can get everywhere?

Do you wait for a day when there is very little wind?

I use the Graco cleanshot gun which gives minimum overspray and i use a paint shield on the corners. I always spray then back roller Plus anything at risk i drop a nice clean dustsheet over. I did a front of a church once and because of the chance of overspray i just hand rolled it on. I ended up with skets of blue paint all over my van

I've got a Titan 440 but never used it outside. Scared of it getting everywhere. I should give it a go really.

I use the Graco cleanshot gun which gives minimum overspray and i use a paint shield on the corners. I always spray then back roller Plus anything at risk i drop a nice clean dustsheet over. I did a front of a church once and because of the chance of overspray i just hand rolled it on. I ended up with skets of blue paint all over my van

When you say back roller, do you mean spray on then put a roller over it?

Mono over parex micro or Mono over sand/cement over Micro. Quickest may to get big bucks in the bank.

Good money in paint spraying...we did a whole exterior of a house 250m2 in 2 days including masking up. Paid for the machine. We back rolled to. Didn't get any overspray some days where a bit windy to?!

Status
Not open for further replies.