Poor DnD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all.

Went to see about skimming a kitchen today. The chap has already DnD the boards on, not too badly to be honest some are even flat !! but he's only put *VERY* thin dabs of adhesive on - its 12mm board. Theres no movement in the boards but Id say he's used less than 1/2 the muck I would have.

Im tempted to drill and plug/screw them in a few places (9 a board ? ) just to make 100% sure they dont fall off, especially as its a kitchen. Worth doing or am I worrying about nothing? I don't do a lot of DnD work.

tbh i reckon they be alright ive slurried the back of boards to double dab and get them on tight .....if you didnt dab it i shouldnt panick it'll be obvious of the cause if it does pull away

what was the background?.....if it was painted and no slurry wba etc applied youll need to mechanically fix them

i wouldnt worry mate, you didnt dab em and in this world you got enough of your own sh't to deal with, and if you pick holes in his work and it stays on your gonna look a muppet, chances are they'll be fine, big his work up and skim it, youll get a tip..

If you tap the boards you should get an idea of how much is attached to wall and how much is hollow.
As previously said you should just do what you,ve been asked.

british gypsum site book shows you the appropriate dabs needed, finding more young lads on site not putting enough dabs on,if i was site agent id sack em.

andy66 said:
british gypsum site book shows you the appropriate dabs needed, finding more young lads on site not putting enough dabs on,if i was site agent id sack em.
im not saying this is how i do my d+d, i give mine a good inch thick dab all around the board area but if i was 2 work onto sum1 elses d+d and it wasnt thick enough id just go with it, their fault not mine

if i was 2 work onto sum1 elses d+d and it wasnt thick enough id just go with it, their fault not mine

In an ideal world, maybe even on site. Domestic, if it falls off its gonna be the chap who did the "plastering" fault. Their sparks is going back in tomorrow to move a few sockets. I'll see what its like after hes clobbered it with the bolster a bit.

if the board falls off after YOU have applied then its your fault and as long as u tell your client the issues u have then u have no problem

FatmanWithATrowel said:
if i was 2 work onto sum1 elses d+d and it wasnt thick enough id just go with it, their fault not mine

In an ideal world, maybe even on site. Domestic, if it falls off its gonna be the chap who did the "plastering" fault. Their sparks is going back in tomorrow to move a few sockets. I'll see what its like after hes clobbered it with the bolster a bit.

sorry .........you want to offer him advice dont you mate which is spot on but if you tell him mechanically fix .......erm its gonna cost x amount he might bomb you out and get some other lad in to skim it anyway.........if it blows itll be pretty obvious where the problem is

Status
Not open for further replies.