Polishing Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedsplasterer

Im confused, after both coats have been applied and its time to wet the plaster up a little to polish it over, should the excess that comes out of it (fat / cream what ever you want to call it) do you use it or get rid of it? Ive spoken to a coouple of people that swear that it fills any tiny little holes and marks in the plaster to give a smoother finish but a professional dvd ive been watching says it must thrown away and cannot be used.
Can anyone help, should it be thorwn away or not and if so then why?

Put it on your sandwiches. It'll fill you right up and you'll have the smoothest finish on your turd!

Im confused, after both coats have been applied and its time to wet the plaster up a little to polish it over, should the excess that comes out of it (fat / cream what ever you want to call it) do you use it or get rid of it? Ive spoken to a coouple of people that swear that it fills any tiny little holes and marks in the plaster to give a smoother finish but a professional dvd ive been watching says it must thrown away and cannot be used.
Can anyone help, should it be thorwn away or not and if so then why?

I'm confused as well - How the fk can you be calling yourself a plasterer? :RpS_cursing:

I'm confused as well - How the fk can you be calling yourself a plasterer? :RpS_cursing:

I never quoted myself as a professional plasterer, did I? Im doing up my house and a relatives at the min, was looking for any helpfull comments to try improve before i start doing the main rooms. Not really finding that the case with you though.

i save it in little sandwich bags till i get a tiling job on then i use it to stick the tiles on :RpS_thumbsup:

Well ur names beds plasterer so that implys ur a plasterer[/QUOTE

It does not imply anything, its mearly a name, if i called myself 'space cowboy' would you think that im implying that I travel the galaxy on my stead! Its a plastering forum so I just made a loggin that is plastering based. I cannot be held responsable for other peoples assumptions. I was mearly asking a question to find help. Everyone has to start somewhere!!!!

it would make me think that you are jamiroquai, but im frigging stupid so just ignore me:RpS_cool:

Well I was under the impression ur name had to be propa for example mines allyb because I live in an ally and I'm a bumblebee

Chuck the fat it make a mess of ur wall just make sure you get two good coats on to cover up potential blemishes

when you have your walls on and about to give it the first pass or trowel , the fat on your trowel sling away. When you have giving it this first trowel your walls should look nice and neat all ready just for troweling up with little water as possible.

oh right, ok. when you say it makes a mess, does it just make it look a rubbish finish on the job for the customer or does it show through the decoration i.e after painting etc?

As long as its flat and paints well it don't matter what it looks like, but to professional spreads we like a nice finish to impress customers :)

Look it all paints up it's just when it's dry and you have used lots of fat to trowel up you can tell . More fat more cleaning your trowel.

It'l paint up ok but a wall with fat smeared all over it looks poo, u wna aim for a nice uniform finish for ur and the customer that's of u wona live the rock and roll life style like us lot :RpS_laugh:

Just asked my mate that question, plasterer for 30 years and he said fcuking right we do some times thats all we are left with LOL.

If you're pulling off loads of fat, then you're probably going over it too early or have too much angle on your trowel. I like to leave most of that shizzle on the wall/ceiling where it should be coz I'm too fat and lazy to keep walking back to the bucket.

I never fill hollows or misses with fat.. I always keep a bit of the mix saved for that :)

The fat just goes powdery when dry and just falls out of the misses....

i've seen decorators painting walls that were filled with lots of fat and it was flaking off onto their brushes

ive seen decorators nearly crying after ive thrown all there gear all over the place after theyve loaded it all into the ******* room im in next

Status
Not open for further replies.