Point taken

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuilderMCR

I now see your point about builders! (We're *****)
I got asked to skim a kitchen for another local builder a couple of days ago. I took a day out of a job to help him out thinking I'd smash it in a day.

He was suppose to be supplying materials. Got here this morning needing 11 skim beads, he got 5, needed 6 plasterboards, he got 3, needed 2 bags of adhesive, he got 1, needed 3 bags of multi, he got 10!?!?!
2 options
1: **** him off and make a start on a roof
2: have a well deserved day off with the mrs watching Jeremy Kyle on +1 and give him another chance tomorrow lol

3. start the job with what materials he got and bill him for 2 days if you could stretch the extra day - why should you lose money because he cant estimate or order materials correctly ???

I've got too much work on to come back another day. I was pushing it by doing it today, there's no point wasting my day skimming one wall. I need at least 3 beads on each wall. If I go to get everything else he needs its wasting the day. And I won't get it done. Option 2 was a joke by the way. I'm on a roof on a very nice day for manchester.

Yep I agree....

Did you tell him how much you needed before? Surely he could nip out and get the extra :)

Or take a day off and go fishing :)

Danny

Small Builders really f**k me off. we ve been doing our game for years and years and years. You go to price the job and give best advice, explain how youre gonna tackle the job and give a price with materials. Oh no they say, Ill get materials ( first warning bell) you arrange a day to do it, phone him the day before to confirm... oh i need another couple of days ( second warning bell) Arrive at agreed time to.. as you say find materials NOTHING like the list youve given him ( third and final warning bell) His excuse... Oh I thought you could do the job using this other method instead ( even though you told him when you saw the job it couldnt be done that way) Well you still havnt got enough materials even to do it your way.... Well I didnt think you would need that much so i thought ..... Absolute fu*kwits they are. Walk off the job and never accept their phonecall again.

We hate doing it, but on occasion we work for a couple of 'small builders' on day rate. It makes us laugh when they expect us to run around in our van picking up materials for their jobs! **** off is not hard to understand but it took them a while:RpS_lol:

i now see your point about builders! (we're *****)
i got asked to skim a kitchen for another local builder a couple of days ago. I took a day out of a job to help him out thinking i'd smash it in a day.

He was suppose to be supplying materials. Got here this morning needing 11 skim beads, he got 5, needed 6 plasterboards, he got 3, needed 2 bags of adhesive, he got 1, needed 3 bags of multi, he got 10!?!?!
2 options
1: **** him off and make a start on a roof
2: Have a well deserved day off with the mrs watching jeremy kyle on +1 and give him another chance tomorrow lol

option 1

I'd walk. if they were too stupid to listen to what you said in the first place then that must mean hs knows better as all builders do so fukc him let him sort it out whith his infinate builders knowledge. Why should they take the advice of a professianal who specializes in one trade and has been doing it for years. In my experience all builders are good at is sweet talking customers into parting with their money everything after that is just blagging their way through and trying to get mugs like us to graft your c**t off for peanuts. Builders can chew on my unwashed length

Last edited:
I'd walk. if they were too stupid to listen to what you said in the first place then that must mean hs knows better as all builders do so fukc him let him sort it out whith his infinate builders knowledge. Why should they take the advice of a professianal who specializes in one trade and has been doing it for years. In my experience all builders are good at is sweet talking customers into parting with their money everything after that is just blagging their way through and trying to get mugs like us to graft your c**t off for peanuts. Builders can chew on my unwashed length

Status
Not open for further replies.