Plaziflex

Members online

John John

Anyone else have problems when putting near an aluminium hawk, scratches the hell out of my refina plaziflex when I take the excess skim off. Some say you can second coat with these but I just found the scratching was mullering my trowel......

I'd seen some tips on youtube regarding the 2nd coat but just found any contact with the hawk scratched the hell out of it...........so what is the actual intended used for the plaziflex?.....Polish or flatten

I'd seen some tips on youtube regarding the 2nd coat but just found any contact with the hawk scratched the hell out of it...........so what is the actual intended used for the plaziflex?.....Polish or flatten

Only benefit is an early last dry trowel that's it...

Please for the love of god don't listen to that rwf nutter on you tube!

Biggest charlatan in plastering!

Final polish be careful trowelling around beads aswell

Well thanks for that, and yes I had seen the RWF vid and was very impressed as a newcomer, but just found my plazi was scratched to F.....at the end of it. I have removed scratches with fine wet and dry.........So from now on will only final polish, is that wet or dry?

Can't make something flat with something flexible, just doesn't make sense

When i bought it first years ago...bloke who designed them.told me to 2nd coat onwards with it....looked great till it dried and was painted ...wall looked lime tje sand when the tide went out...never agzin..

The only plazi worth having is a Refina non foamed back blade .... no flex in it ....

But only used when your gears picked up a lot and with a really closed blade ... anyone that's ever had bumps in there gear is using it at the wrong time imo

I've got the plazi flex with the foam back so guess it'll stay in the trowel case for now as I get great results with MT and nelaflex 2.................was only the youtube video made think I'd give it a go, as the RWF chap had great results, shame I couldn't manage it...........

Last edited:
Too flexible the Nela imo ... mine developed a crack on the blade in line with the adhesive . The Nela is for final swipe / polish . Non backed Refina you can use a lot more as there isn't a lot of flex ....

Too flexible the Nela imo ... mine developed a crack on the blade in line with the adhesive . The Nela is for final swipe / polish . Non backed Refina you can use a lot more as there isn't a lot of flex ....

mine snapped today :(

Little warning . I heard some plasterer had a court letter for how bad it looked when painted when using plastic . They were putting on with it as well mind . I only use it once I.ve polished it with steel. I know decorators hate em but customers love it and been told It's best plastering they have ever seen . .

Little warning . I heard some plasterer had a court letter for how bad it looked when painted when using plastic . They were putting on with it as well mind . I only use it once I.ve polished it with steel. I know decorators hate em but customers love it and been told It's best plastering they have ever seen . .
I reckon there was more to it than that... and at worst they just sort it out....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Are you not just better with a medi or s*p*r*lex, do they not do more Or less same thing? Lot of times now I don't even bother switching, use mt start to finish.

I reckon there was more to it than that... and at worst they just sort it out....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
They went n sorted it . I used to one coat with em n thought they were mint till ye run ye hand down wall and could feel all bumps . Thank God for Matt paint lol

Nela mediflex. Slightly more solid than nela s*p*r*lex,but similar to refina s*p*r*lex. Haven't seen marshalltowns flexi so no idea what it's like.

I've got a 16" MT permaflex bit more rigid than the nela. Better to in my eyes but you'd expect it from MT and being about £20 more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not used the medi flex, got the refina sf. That's not left the van since I got the MT. good trowel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a good record with flexis usually drop them or kink them after a few Months so next time i Banham one I might try the MT, though is it worth the extra money? Is there enough a difference to merit the extra dough? Lol

Just ordered an 18" refina s*p*r*lex it comes tomorrow so I'll see how i get to grips with it next week

To get scratch out I use really fine sand paper then run it over a finished wall or a plaster board.