Plastic trowels!!!!!

neither have i.
I only use tapered board for dry lining, i may be wrong though.

Do you mean why have they used the boards with the hollow/recess on them?

Haven't got a clue mate but I've been on countless jobs were I've had to skim tapered edge boards

Bet it's something to do with costs of the boards or pricing for taping originally, I honestly don't know

Haven't got a clue mate but I've been on countless jobs were I've had to skim tapered edge boards

Bet it's something to do with costs of the boards or pricing for taping originally, I honestly don't know
The technical reason is that they got the nod about your 1/2 coat tapes showing through , nobody wanted to say as it might have upset you , sorry but it's better out is what my vicar used to say

that makes two of us, according to internet square edge board is for textured finish.
learn something new everyday.

The technical reason is that they got the nod about your 1/2 coat tapes showing through , nobody wanted to say as it might have upset you , sorry but it's better out is what my vicar used to say

Nobody upsets me mate I see the plastering trade for what it is

We work the hardest and probably get the worst money, keep on being a plastering hero and two coating fresh plasterboard for as long as you like, I'm honestly telling you it doesn't need it.

The wizard

Nobody upsets me mate I see the plastering trade for what it is

We work the hardest and probably get the worst money, keep on being a plastering hero and two coating fresh plasterboard for as long as you like, I'm honestly telling you it doesn't need it.

The wizard
In all these years of indoor fun I've only 1 coated boards on a couple of occasions , and only on my own properties , never a customers home .
But I'm dropping my semi domestic fun and going on site soon and to be honest they don't make scrim thin enough

In all these years of indoor fun I've only 1 coated boards on a couple of occasions , and only on my own properties , never a customers home .
But I'm dropping my semi domestic fun and going on site soon and to be honest they don't make scrim thin enough
New scrim soon.

I never use fat to finish skim. I also dont spray water on the wall/ceiling either.

I keep my trowel clean and wet and that is enough to get a great uniform finish.

If I am using plastic and taking gear off the surface then it means either I have the blade open too much or it is not time yet.

I dont really touch the edges of the wall/ceiling either with a brush till last knocking either.

It's all down to timings and to be Frank skimming over bluegrit can make the finish go streaky if you try and finish it before it is ready as the set slows right down which is what screws most people up when using plastic trowels.

If I was a newbie I would not bother with plastic till you can get a great finish with a steel trowel first.

I never use fat to finish skim. I also dont spray water on the wall/ceiling either.

I keep my trowel clean and wet and that is enough to get a great uniform finish.

If I am using plastic and taking gear off the surface then it means either I have the blade open too much or it is not time yet.

I dont really touch the edges of the wall/ceiling either with a brush till last knocking either.

It's all down to timings and to be Frank skimming over bluegrit can make the finish go streaky if you try and finish it before it is ready as the set slows right down which is what screws most people up when using plastic trowels.

If I was a newbie I would not bother with plastic till you can get a great finish with a steel trowel first.

Cba today
4FCF0C2F-8F5C-4B3B-94D3-6CF0824E5CF8.jpeg

Did this all way through with the ox plastic spastic! Didn't like it personally maybe I need to persist with it and get my timing right but I guess it gets better the more it wears in? Don't get me wrong was bang on to look and touch il go back and see how it's dried later in week! IL persist with it for a while and update (y) View attachment 39984
nice tile job /the thirty nine steps