Plastic Trowels

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marleyjustin

Ok so iv never used a plastic trowel before but I'm looking into buying 1, are marshalltown the ones to get? Basically I just want to know which is the best so I don't waste my time & money, thanks✌️

Call me an idiot (many do) but I always thought, assumed, never seen different that you always use a metal float? I've used a plastic one for flattening concrete but never on a wall.

I've asked this in another thread but I'll ask again, any decent reviews or ideas on the best float? I was planning on buying a marshalltown stainless steel preworn 16" to replace my marshalltown carbon steel 14" (pain because it rusts no matter what I do).

I've seen some talk about s*p*r*lex, are they as good or?

Call me an idiot (many do) but I always thought, assumed, never seen different that you always use a metal float? I've used a plastic one for flattening concrete but never on a wall.

I've asked this in another thread but I'll ask again, any decent reviews or ideas on the best float? I was planning on buying a marshalltown stainless steel preworn 16" to replace my marshalltown carbon steel 14" (pain because it rusts no matter what I do).

Idiot

It will rust if you don't look after it. Same as anything. I've had a carbon for years and it's not rusty. I clean it after use and always oiled it before putting it away in the bucket. Look after your gear and it will last.

P1SS do a plastic that is reasonably priced and the blades are reasonable to replace just ignore how it looks it has it's uses without costing the earth.

as raggles says i'd go with the piss one. looks like something you made in woodwork at school but its one of my best buys over the past twelve months. great for reveals, winders, artex etc. way superior to the refina one.

plus if you get a little nick in it you can just turn it 180 degrees and carry on until you get time to take it out.

as raggles says i'd go with the piss one. looks like something you made in woodwork at school but its one of my best buys over the past twelve months. great for reveals, winders, artex etc. way superior to the refina one.

The only thing is for all the talk of being able to renew at no cost on the converse side my trainer has had the same float for 20+ years. Granted only used for finish like. I'm not there to ask him what he uses, summer break and all that. I'd rather spend £50 once than £15 a year.

Ok so iv never used a plastic trowel before but I'm looking into buying 1, are marshalltown the ones to get? Basically I just want to know which is the best so I don't waste my time & money, thanks✌️

Never seen a mt plastic trowel.

Got a link?

Everyone has a different view on this, try each one ( a good trowel will last you a good few years and earn you a lot of pound notes) buy a flexible trowel (I use the Nela s*p*r*lex and think its a great tool) others prefer the rafina, some prefer MT, Tysak etc etc splash out and try a few different products til you find what works for you, Im off to sleep now night night x

Everyone has a different view on this, try each one ( a good trowel will last you a good few years and earn you a lot of pound notes) buy a flexible trowel (I use the Nela s*p*r*lex and think its a great tool) others prefer the rafina, some prefer MT, Tysak etc etc splash out and try a few different products til you find what works for you, Im off to sleep now night night x

Well from what I can gather you have a great reputation on here so OK I'll give the Nela s*p*r*lex a try, why not, appreciate the reply thank you.

Love the mizspell...

NELA supaflex vs REFINA supaflex....marshaltown is just preworn but not supflex so is probably inferior but same price....

EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is one supaflex more supa than another supaflex...:D

I suspect if I buy one I'll be buying a carbon copy of another somehow regardless of the word supa or not in the wording though it won't quite be a carbon copy as it won't rust like my present one!

Status
Not open for further replies.