Plastic trowels

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
Used my 20 " plazzy to finish off a ceiling which fell down in a mates house.
Reboarded and skimmed up. Still new to the plazzies. Does it look ok to you fellas?

Any thing your experienced eyes see?

Attachments

• oldswan1.jpg
    oldswan1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 333
  • old2.jpg
    old2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 442
Just on a technical note

taking a photo of a light that's shining into the lens isnt the best idea :)

How much was the trowel including VAT a postage mate?

i buy mine from a fella in Liverpool called carl who designed them.

You can get em off ebay not sure of price. You can get a 24 inch as well!!!

Main advantage to me is i can now trowel up using no water at all so i get less water marks as i used to be terrible for goin mad with the sprayer and gettin fat marks and misses. I only plaster as i own 3 rentals so i like to be able to do my own repair jobs.

I used to use the plastic not anymore mate.maindownfall is you might get like glass but it will crack .I've seen a reflection of my van on a wall just a gimmick stick to how you were taught.

looks a good job mate nice and consistant from what i can see through the light, im definatly a fan of the plastic trowel but as was said go mad with it and youll get too gooda finish and itll bite you in the arse

thanks

I use it for

1 Flattening first coat
2 Final trowel

Was told by a lad who has been using em yrs that if you use them too much or too ealry in the set you get ripples in the wall so following his advice. :RpS_thumbup:

Also been experimenting with the sponge float as well. Not on whole areas just on small places that need a tidy up then once over with the plastic and all your sins are forgiven.

bagrat those cracks in yer ceilings are caused by u garston lads having rave parties in ye lofts ! Cheaper than goin to town eh mate?

they do a job if the gear is wet on the wall. as soon as u start trying to get a load on, the gear gets too hard for the trowel and u cant do anything with it. for a final trowel maybe, but then whats the point. no1 wants a shiny wall

yeah i would say the s*p*r*lex ones are the best but if your unsure theres a company called barton trowels and all they sell is the one plastic trowel and its was 15 to buy and 3 quid or close to that to send it. the webiste looks a bit munkey but they sent mine out and i had it next day but one.
worth getting one of those just to give it a try before you invest in the refina ones, well thats wat i did anyway.
if you do get one make a protective sleeve for it and a bit of wet and dry in the sleeve and just buff it up once in a while.
on that point does anyone know anyone who does proper protection for the refina ones, i wanna get the set soon but need to protect my babys

well i can tell you dan not to judge a book by its cover mate :RpS_thumbup: i bought one just to see if it was worth haveing one and its pukka will definatly be keeping it as a best one even when i get the refina ones

there good mate i like mine anyway worth getting one just to see if you can get on with them

the handle does not look comfy at all. i like the ones that have the handle like a normal trowel... thats only personal opinion though

the handel does take a bit of getting used to but after the first couple of times i dnt really notice it now and you dnt really need to hold it long enough to make it hurt your hand as you dnt use it start to finish like you would a normal trowel thus makein a comfy handel imperitive.

The handle on the refina ones isnt great either very uncorfartable.you wouldnt want to be using all the time ud get blisters of it..

jrplastering, I bought one of those barton trowels and it came yesterday. I have to say it does look a bit wank but if you say it does a good job i'll take your word for it.
The handle is a bit rough, I have the same one on a £4 tile trowel so I think the bloke has sourced his materials as cheap as possible.
At what point in a set do you use yours sir?

as i said it takes a bit of getting used to but it works a treat, make sure on your first hit or 2 you just use to to cross trowel right at the very end this will wear it in nicley and take out any nicks.
i lay on first flatten it, lay on second flatten it then cross trowel it with plazzy then i just give it one wet trowel as usualy with a plazzy cross trowel, and for the second trowel i just wet in the corners and edges and trowel with the plazzy followed by a cross trowel with it aswell.
if you like it you can buy the refina ones if your worried how it looks its a good trowel to buy to experiment with the plastic trowel finish thats what intended to do and i still will but really like my one so im sticking with it for now, mak sure you have some wet and dry just to give it a little buff up every now and then and if you can make a protective cover for it, i made mine out of corex

il try anything once! but just never seen it done was on hospital job in brum last year spreads from all over midlands on it not a plastic trowel in sight is it a northen thing haha

il try anything once! but just never seen it done was on hospital job in brum last year spreads from all over midlands on it not a plastic trowel in sight is it a northen thing haha

few londoners on there too no plastic tho (accept the cockneys)

oit watch the cockneys mate i was born in camden lived out there for a while but was too young to remember it so bought up in hertfordshire haha, naa seriously mate they do mate a good job of it though, my elbows knackerd so i find it easier to get the final finish i need off the plazzy than applying the pressure i need with the ss trowel, admitedly i only found out bout the plastic trowel once i had hurt me elbow so i thought id give it a shot and its been a god send it just means i ca keep working instead of being off crying in me bed cos me elbow hurts haha (cos im ard)

Status
Not open for further replies.