Plastic Angle Beads x

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
ffs did you read what she posted she aint taking food out your mouths she is trying to help blokes out id rather someone like charlotte on me side than some c**t of of a contracts manager

Thanks Gibbo. Still none the wiser about this 13-20mm, does this mean you can render to a thickness of anything in between? Can't help but bite, really shocked at how nasty people on here are! Bubbles65 - I've said my bit, cant be bothered to explain anthing else to you morons!

Do I get a rebate then?

You asked a question that your highly skilled lads could have answered in seconds - you need to try a bit harder :RpS_wink:

Thanks Gibbo. Still none the wiser about this 13-20mm, does this mean you can render to a thickness of anything in between? Can't help but bite, really shocked at how nasty people on here are! Bubbles65 - I've said my bit, cant be bothered to explain anthing else to you morons!
it means the total thickness of your finished render

Hi Charlotte,

Good luck with your business. Be carefull! Plastering is a cut throat business with little or no margins. You will realise this being an accountant. I was a plastering contractor for 8 years and what a complete waste of time that was. But fair play to you, being an accountant you will know all about overheads and profit. I have an accounting background myself so at least you will know how to use a calculator. Some plasterers can't use one. When I was a contractor I could have easily screwed some of my spreads because they didn't know how to measure up!

As for beads then yes it is confusing this 13-15mm range. It would be best getting one of your spreads to help you get the right beads spec so you know what you are asking for. Also what type of bead, zinc plated, stainless, powder coated or plastic. You will soon pick it up. I use Direct Building Products in Bradford. They will ship most type of beads in any quantity you want usually next day anywhere in the uk. There number is 01274720905. If you buy in bulk then you could try Rendaplas on 08448400340.

For 3 coat render I would be looking at 15mm plastic beads. Next size up is 20mm but that is thick. materials will cost 33% more than necessary. That's the accountant in me speaking.

Get used to the banter on here Charlotte, it what plasterers are like as you will realise if you are going to employ them. Most are good people with the odd bad mannered one.

OK you lot. If my 'highly skilled' lads could answer it in seconds, then why havent any of you? I want 3 coat render, to a thickness of 20mm, so I need 20mm beads, but everywhere i find them online they say 13-20mm!? You all think you are so clever but none of you have actually been able to answer!

Gibbo, thank you very much for sticking up for me haha!

Right, im off to read through all your posts now, so I can learn even more about the trade and make shitloads of money while paying my men peanuts hahahahahaha

sounds like an agency to me. cant ask her blokes because they probably dont speak that good english. what do ya think spunky!anyway if they're bedding the beads on with gear 20mm beads too thick.if they are nailing them(which i've been taught not to do) you can get away with 20mm

To read some of these absolutley perthetic comments on this thread after someone has politley asked for some advice is a real shame. What a sad reflection of the mentality of the small minority amongst us who call themselves tradesMEN. If you've been amongst some of the top names in the trade out there, they all come from an ethos that is to pass on the knowledge to those who want to learn...anyone who is associate members of the WCP will practice that...thats knowledge, to then apply that is another ball game and is down to that individual..so its not as if we're loosing anything by doing this....its about being unconditional and proffesional, and guess what, people respect that and that itself goes a long way in my experience in this game...never mind if someone is making some more money somewhere else, thats good for them....the question is why are'nt YOU!! and why are YOU wingeing...i think its fair to say...Man up, shutup and sort it out!!...If your not getting what you should for your work then ask the question WHY!! and make the changes...those of us who continue to earn £200 a day is because we justify those reasons and put them in to practice day in day out....your only worth what you believe your worth and that again reflects in your work....if these spreads are happy with charlotte and vice versa then whats the problem?? is'nt that a good thing????...

not sure if i'm in the category of the "whingers" but if iam i take offence to that last post.i've been a spread for close on 26yrs and hardly ever been out of work. but i still feel entitled to have a moan and whinge about the state our trade is in.if your earning 200 a day fair play to ya.you must be good!

Charlotte as a spread, I and any spread would go for the thinnest beads possible as the thicker the bead the more work involved but we are restricted by spec so if the spec involves a 20mm bead then thats what we use, so my guess would be use a bead that uses less material and go with the thinnest you can get away with.

Welcome charlotte i think some blokes on here are scared of women and definetly scared of loosing work, perfectly simple question you asked but some cryin whingin babies are at it again blamin everyone but themselves for not getting work or someone else getting work. Get a grip lads and stop being so suspicious its gettin boring.

If you can justify your doing £200 worth of work, you should be recieving that..and if your not, theres a reason for that which you have to work on changing...never mind what someone else is getting...its completely irrelevant to you...your being payed for your skills not someone elses and your in complete control of changing that if you want to!!...the state of the trade as a whole is a tuff one to analyse it really is..is it the trade itself your refering to or just that times have changed and the country has changed and is suffering on the whole....with regards site rates, yes that is a pisstake these days and is a complete representation of the corporate capitalist system of work ya but off for bugger all or we're get the next man seeking asylum to slap it on for half as much, that we're ALL!! suffering from now not just in the construction industry....So if your gonna sell youself out to be a part of that bullshit then expect to be dictated by it and shafted by it, cuz thats exaclty what it is...makin someone else money and so on all the way up the pyramid...its the same in almost all industries and it aint changing either...theres very little we can do about it...the only action you can take is if you drive your own journey with this and create the opportunties, then your in control, you progress and inspire those to do the same around you!!..happy dayz:RpS_thumbup:

Charlotte. The 13-20mm angle bead refers to the fact it can be used to apply plaster/render thickness between 13-20mm. If you fix it directly to the substrate (ideally new block) you will have to lay about 13mm of finished plaster to finish level with the bead, however if you install the beads on plaster dabs then you can lay on up to 20mm of finished plaster to finish level.
Hope that helps.

PS have you ever heard of a rainbow kiss

I really don't see a problem with what chatlotte's doing, i say fairplay to her for working hard and doing it, some spreads ain't intreasted in all the stress of finding work and pricing jobs and running a company, there just happy to be in work and have a wage every week, which is what she's providing, as long as she's not exploiting the lads i really don't see the problem...

I worked for a woman before who was an accountant, and ran a plastering company, her brother was the main spread, but it was proberly best firm i worked for...Never once had a problem with my money and always on time...

Well ! this has been a very controversial thread, 50 post in about 20 hours, nice one.
To add to Mr Jones's post Charly if you use 15mm bead you only have to bed em up 5mm whereas if you use 13mm then your bedding up 8mm and more if the block work aint straight, just order 15mm beads and the lads will be pretty close to 20mm by the time they have finished sticking em on.
Good luck with the new venture, have a wonder full evening :RpS_wub:

Well, didn't expect all this when I first started the thread! Thanks to everyone who has given me advice and not jumped down my throat!

The guys on here having a go clearly don't have a braincell between them. And im not surprised you are all getting on your high horse about not having work/making enough profit. I wonder why?! Beddy and Bubbles65 most posts I have looked at on here involve you 2 being right knobs to anyone new to the forum, can't imagine how you treat your customers!

TheBlones - I didn't, but I do now thanks to google! :-0

Well, didn't expect all this when I first started the thread! Thanks to everyone who has given me advice and not jumped down my throat!

The guys on here having a go clearly don't have a braincell between them. And im not surprised you are all getting on your high horse about not having work/making enough profit. I wonder why?! Beddy and Bubbles65 most posts I have looked at on here involve you 2 being right knobs to anyone new to the forum, can't imagine how you treat your customers!

Me Too "TheBlones" Never Too Old To Learn (i suppose)

watch him charlotte he,s a wrong un

Jesus you orrible bunch of ***** lol. Blimey most tradesmen I know are proper good but just don't have or want the head for holding the rains themselves. Much rather be spoon fed regular work with no hassle. And the vat/cis side of things.... Well let's just say chicks plough through that stuff whereas us blokes would much rather stroke the plum or waffle babble on here!

I get on very well with the majority of my customers, thanks. I also have plenty of work & make a good profit so I'm not 'jumping down your throat' because I'm struggling................some lads on here are though and this is where people like you - agents - get my back up. If agents didn't exist would walls go unbuilt?, unplastered?, unpainted? I doubt it.

Wether you're a troll or a genuine poster remains to be seen, but let's assume that you are genuine. I will ask the same question that I asked you to begin with .......Why didn't you ask one of the TRADESMEN that you are supplying work to about the beads? Simple question for an accountant to answer really. I can draw my own conclusions but I'd rather hear your explanation if you have one..............and please don't be abusive, I haven't abused you. I look forward to your reply. :RpS_thumbup:

I get on very well with the majority of my customers, thanks. I also have plenty of work & make a good profit so I'm not 'jumping down your throat' because I'm struggling................some lads on here are though and this is where people like you - agents - get my back up. If agents didn't exist would walls go unbuilt?, unplastered?, unpainted? I doubt it.

Wether you're a troll or a genuine poster remains to be seen, but let's assume that you are genuine. I will ask the same question that I asked you to begin with .......Why didn't you ask one of the TRADESMEN that you are supplying work to about the beads? Simple question for an accountant to answer really. I can draw my own conclusions but I'd rather hear your explanation if you have one..............and please don't be abusive, I haven't abused you. I look forward to your reply. :RpS_thumbup:

well lets just say she prices the jobs and gets lads to do it the same way most contractors do it, why the **** would she be askin the lads what gear is what she would look like she doesnt know what she's talkin about so she comes on here asks a simple question and you and beddy jump down her throat and accuse her of all sorts. Come on bubbles if she didnt exist someone else would, it business i dont get why some people are being so negative to someone who is giving someone else work and your right she aint doin it as a hobby its to make money so come on boys and girls wake the **** up. She has been honest about her set up if she was gonna lie there are more snidier ways of doing it which a lot of members do on here ie i forgot how this works or what that costs can you tell me. T o be honest lately i dont blame people askin questions that way coz there are certain members who are making it imposible or intimidating to ask a question on here so if you dont want to give advise on a forum for giving advise **** off. (thats not directed at you bubbles)xxxx

hey charlotte, whilst we are on the subject have you ever considered using a plastering machine to boost your output and profit. Visit my website below and start having a look at some you tube videos. We have a sales manager down your way who would be more than happy to visit you and see if it can benefit "charlottes plasterers" i wont mention the rainbow kiss again :flapper:

i dont think theres anything wrong in what shes doing. it happens all the time. i think for me at least is that people get fed up of seeing the people that no **** all making money out of people who know their stuff. i no it happens in all types of business, and its just the way of the world, but to say hi, iv priced some jobs by looking at prices on here, now i need to know about what materials i need coz i know nothing about that either makes you look a right nob. and whats worse is you think your being clever doing it and slate people that unsurprisingly dont want to help you.

The only bit of advice Charlotte has asked for is an explanation on bead sizes. She seems capable of doing all the rest herself. Its likely she asked her plasterers what rate they would want then added materials, overheads and profits. She takes care of the rest. Seems a pretty good deal to me. Charlotte gets the headaches the spread gets the back ache

Status
Not open for further replies.