Plastic Angle Beads x

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlotte23

Hi Guys,

Better introduce myself first. I'm Charlotte (yeah I know im a girl in a plastering forum!). Im an Accountant and most of my clients are within the building trade, so I have a ok good understanding of it, anyway a few of my mates are sub contract plasterers and were looking for work, I decided to set up a plastering company, I obviously just run it and the guys do the work, but I have the contacts to find the work ya see.
Anyway, we started first contract on Monday, and the one thing I dont have much of a clue about is beads. Part of this job includes 3 coat render, and im told by my guys that we need 20mm plastic angle beads etc. Got price from Travis but doesnt seem too good so had a look online, and wherever I look it says 13-20mm or 13/20mm, what does this mean!?

Probably a really stupid question but would really appreciate your help

Thanks x

Just decided to start up a plastering company lol. So now you're dealing with contractors. Basically another middleman, middlewoman whatever. which means another slice is taken off the price before the lads who actually earn it, get their money.How come its the lads with the knowledge n experience who get the least money?

Cos she doesn't wanna ask one of the TRADESMEN in case they get ideas above their station.................

lets not be nasty charlotte is giving blokes work where,s the harm if she makes money and the blokes are happy

I take it all back it sounds like she's just struggling to find the beads not asking for advice ....apologies Charlotte stay away from travis what is the render system you're doing ?

Come on gary, you know the lads won't be happy. Just like no one on here is happy with their rates. And what's one of the reasons we've heard several times? Unnecessary people stickin their fingers in the pie.

mate i aint been happy with my rates for 20 years but what do you do i work site rates its all ive ever known but her blokes might get that bit more

did any off u toolboxs read the web site dosent say anything about a girl and there plastering 20 years but doing there first job monday

Well thanks alot guys, what a bunch of wankers! With exeption to Gibbo (thanks very much) and Jack88. I thought forums were about like minded people helping eachother out etc, don't know whats wrong with you!

Beddy
- The guys I know have been employed for their whole working lives, until a few years ago, when the reccession hit and building companys down here (cornwall) took a big knock, everyone decided to lay everyone off, and take them on again but as subbies, so if they have no work, they dont have to pay them the hours. Now the guys i know have ran out of work, they dont have a clue about business, wouldnt be able to find their own work, agree prices with suppliers, price jobs etc. They have been supplied with materials in their employment, and although bloody good neat, fast and clean workers, they would fall on their arses if they went fully on their own. So, seeing as I have the contacts, and the trust that my clients give me. I have given them work that they would otherwise not have had. I have got bloody good prices for them going by the rates I;v seen on here ( I've got £12m2 floor screeding-labour only, £18 render - with materials etc. And im paying them very well, they are really happy, I do all the admin side of it, order materials, agree prices, find better prices, plus CIS returns, VAT returns etc. So why shouldnt I be taking my share!

Wanna carry on moaning? Dont see what im doing wrong!

Spunky - Im ordering the materials cos I know what prices I should be getting, and I think the above explains alot. Oh and to your other question Yeah sometimes, depends what mood im in really! Do you!?

Yes he does I reckon......................why aren't you asking your own TRADESMEN about the materials?

is it right they do them 1 week accountancy courses in Cornwall?

after that week you get given a nice shiny calculator and an abacus, a certificate saying your now qualifed and told youll earn loads now.

So you're telling me you've got blokes working for you who don't know how to price a job they've been doing for donkeys years. And just cus you've got a calculator you think you can?! Haha. And they don't know how to agree prices with suppliers. Well I left my old boss over a year ago now and I managed to do both on my own so they must be r******d.

I wouldnt know Owls. I've trained and worked hard to get where I am, got 360 clients businesses cos I know what im on about! You lot really are horrible. I just wanted some advice

Not cos I've got a calculator Beddy no, dont you read anything? Obviously not all plasterers are as clever as you then bigman. No, they wouldnt know what is a good price and what isnt, they dont have negotiating skills and they would probably over or under price jobs. They can still skim 70m2 each per day though, whats ur problem!

charlotte dont bite it only makes them more eager if your doing three coat work your looking at 20mm two coat use a 13 mm to 15 mm bead but your blokes should be telling you what they need to order fair play to you for what your doing for the blokes but you will find that due to certan conditions in the plastering world there are a lot of spreads stuggling for work so think maybe the guys you got are not really the real deal

The building trade is generally in a recession, so the last thing it needs is another non-tradesman bloodsucking agent trying to take a piece of an ever shrinking pie..............

Thanks Gibbo. Still none the wiser about this 13-20mm, does this mean you can render to a thickness of anything in between? Can't help but bite, really shocked at how nasty people on here are! Bubbles65 - I've said my bit, cant be bothered to explain anthing else to you morons!

Status
Not open for further replies.