Plastering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonypeters

I have been asked to plaster a bathroom which was previously a bedroom. The walls are stud and plasterboard but were never plastered. They put lining paper straight onto the boards and papered on top. My customer has removed the paper but is having great difficulties in removing the lining paper. Is it possible to plaster on top of the lining paper?

Many thanks for advise you can give.

Welcome Tony, No I wouldnt plaster over paper. Overboarding it is probably your best option

If it's lining paper it'll fly off after a soak with warm water. Customer is probably taking the skin off the boards.
'Plasprime' will sort it out in that case :RpS_thumbup:

As above.knock holes through to find the joist,usually every 600mm vertically.then re plaster board using dri walls screws.then skim.if you try to plaster it will fail 100%.

I have been asked to plaster a bathroom which was previously a bedroom. The walls are stud and plasterboard but were never plastered. They put lining paper straight onto the boards and papered on top. My customer has removed the paper but is having great difficulties in removing the lining paper. Is it possible to plaster on top of the lining paper?

Many thanks for advise you can give.

Welcome Tony, No I wouldnt plaster over paper. Overboarding it is probably your best option
Thanks for your advice.

If you had read the tub it mentions nothing about having suction control properties. It's good when used properly

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Status
Not open for further replies.