Plastering "still the hardest trade in the building "

• Thread starter Deleted member 14228
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not embarrassed to say I'm on antidepressants for mild depression, not strong ones though - they don't make things go away but take the edge off so you can cope - the end of last year was pretty tight work wise plus a lot of personal crap didn't help.
As for work, promising start to the year after a crap last year. Always ask customers how much of a rush are they in if we are busy and tell them how long it'll be before we could do anything for them. I draw the line at working on Sundays and don't mind the odd Saturdays here and there. If people start taking the pi$$ when you price a job by saying so and so could do it a lot cheaper then we tell them to get them if they want a crap job but don't ring us up to put it right.

People say you gotta take the work when it's there - yeah, but I'm not killing myself in the process.. working 7am up to sometimes 8pm, 7 days a week till your buzzing with exhaustion isn't my idea of happiness.. If people want you they will be prepared to wait or work in with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.