Plastering over lining paper?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at work but apparently they used thistle bond it...the Forman of another job popped in and said these walls aren't concrete are they and then walked off said to phone the office and tell them what he said as usual very helpful!

I was told about this by loads of "plasterers" in Sth Yorks and it all came down to the price they got paid and the fact that if they did not hit their bonus targets they were gone on Friday. Perhaps this is another shining example of value for money (think that means the cheapest price). It should never happen but if your put in a position like that is it the plasterers fault or are they trying to pay their bills.

Perhaps the air rifle or 12 gauge needs pointing at other people.

Don't know what to make of that, surely you would want to do job to best of your abilities. If you skim over lining paper it will peel of the wall as sooñ as you try to trowel it.

10 minutes stripping lining paper or 2 hours cleaning up and doing the job again.

The only thing I can think, is council have cut back on demo lads and want plasterers to do a bit more, its school boy stuff " don't plaster over paper" I very rarely meet people who do not know this.

Theres no excuse

I'm at work but apparently they used thistle bond it...the Forman of another job popped in and said these walls aren't concrete are they and then walked off said to phone the office and tell them what he said as usual very helpful!

I'd seriously consider doing this yourself, I did my mum's and grandparents council house and ended up gettin a job with council after I did the kitchen.

It was quite funny, plasterers were due in, the next morning, and I skimmed kitchen night before, foreman came next day after plasterers had told him someone had done it, I was working for them a week later.

It must be me, I can't even drive past another plasterers Van with out spitting at the windscreen and shouting abuse out of the window about taking food out of my kids mouths.

I don't even have any kids.

Your a bigger man than me letting another plasterer skim your kitchen.

Hope you get it sorted buddy,

I was told about this by loads of "plasterers" in Sth Yorks and it all came down to the price they got paid and the fact that if they did not hit their bonus targets they were gone on Friday. Perhaps this is another shining example of value for money (think that means the cheapest price). It should never happen but if your put in a position like that is it the plasterers fault or are they trying to pay their bills.

You will have been told this by plasterers that know fuk all...

Well I'm self taught so was hoping maybe there finish would be better than mine I'm obviously wrong

If that was the case then they would use PvA not Bondit.

I understand what ur saying but either way I don't see how someone who says I'm a plasterer can plaster over wallpaper and walk off happy with it :/

Nice bloke!

I am, so nice iv been scratching the "plastering and rendering" signage Off a Van up the road which belongs to a handyman...... Yes a handyman

Freshly stuck on about 2 week's ago.

Iv packed in for the night as its snowing and our lass wants her hairdryer back

I am, so nice iv been scratching the "plastering and rendering" signage Off a Van up the road which belongs to a handyman...... Yes a handyman

Freshly stuck on about 2 week's ago.

Iv packed in for the night as its snowing and our lass wants her hairdryer back

Mind you, I'm not bitter or jealous.

I really hope he gets that job in Nottingham he's goin to price up tomorrow
;-)

Mind you, I'm not bitter or jealous.

Sounds to me like you are both of the above.
I personally try and keep 'in' with all other tradesmen, you would be amazed at what rewards a close working relationship brings.

Always try to remember that the toes you tread on, on the way up are attached to the foot that will kick your @ss on the way down!

As for sending fellow tradesmen on a 'wild goose chase', which will cost him both time and money, says a whole lot about your character. I'm so glad you live a long way from me!

Have a go at being 'nice', you could find it as better place to be.

Update: they overboarding my kitchen after he finally rung me and when I explained who and what I do he suddenly said oo ill get it over boarded lol

Sounds to me like you are both of the above.
I personally try and keep 'in' with all other tradesmen, you would be amazed at what rewards a close working relationship brings.

Always try to remember that the toes you tread on, on the way up are attached to the foot that will kick your @ss on the way down!

As for sending fellow tradesmen on a 'wild goose chase', which will cost him both time and money, says a whole lot about your character. I'm so glad you live a long way from me!

Have a go at being 'nice', you could find it as better place to be.

Trust me, if you lived anywhere near me all you would hear is

Nar den dee, stop been a miserable sod.

Your in the wrong place if you haven't got a sense of humour buddy, I suggest you calm down by polishing that picture of the all mighty lord himself that is probably hanging above your front door

Trust me, if you lived anywhere near me all you would hear is

Nar den dee, stop been a miserable sod.

Your in the wrong place if you haven't got a sense of humour buddy, I suggest you calm down by polishing that picture of the all mighty lord himself that is probably hanging above your front door

I put plaster on walls for a living buddy, of course i've got a sense of humour FFS!

Just trying to 'share the love', unable to find the G** section.

sadly the thing is because the majority of people whos houses they are working in probably don't work and don't deserve a new kitchen that over a period of time you start to treat all tennenents the same ie f**k um!!!

sadly the thing is because the majority of people whos houses they are working in probably don't work and don't deserve a new kitchen that over a period of time you start to treat all tennenents the same ie f**k um!!!
your not a landlord are you :RpS_crying::RpS_wink:

It's about right though. When we were on council contracts it was either;
1. Nice house - half a day per house :RpS_thumbsup:,
or
2. Shithole - a 20 minute S.A.S. job - everybody in rapid and back out, never to be seen again :RpS_thumbdn:

your not a landlord are you :RpS_crying::RpS_wink:

No Keith,

But have grandparents approaching 90 that have more self pride in there homes and gardens than the scumbags at either side of them on there council estates you name it cars on bricks in a front garden smashed up boarded windows etc. Breaks my heart every time I go and see them I cut my grandparents grass and help look after there gardens whilst these fit and healthy scum in there 30s and 40s have 2ft of unkept grass and shite all over there fronts. My nans disabled and still goes out and does everything she can to help as does my granddad.

As for giving them all new kitchens most don't even deserve and look after the ones they have. Incidently I work 6/7 days a week and I cant afford a new kitchen so why should people who don't even leave the house and contribute get lokked after!!

Hi Essex, I apologise if offending you my comments are not aimed at you but im sure you more than most probably feel bitter as a grafter on a council estate.

zombie

No offence taken i work for council i have 2 children and all I can say is I have 90 odd year old grandparents I see same as you loads of lazy people getting new bathrooms I have lived with a kitchen I ripped out of another house when I was labouring for the last 6 years so I sleep quite well at night knowing I work hard and finally getting a new kitchen if wasn't for them is be in same boat old kitchen I'm not ashamed to even admit the bath and toilet I fitted at home were greatly discounted to a odd blemish....I know what your saying though mate and have taken no offence

You should have taken the paper of yourself, ive never known a plasterer come in and strip walls before plastering....! just saying

You should have taken the paper of yourself, ive never known a plasterer come in and strip walls before plastering....! just saying
Subbies might not Know but plasterers do this All the time especially in the private sector And for small builders, not a preference for us but it often occurs

Status
Not open for further replies.