Plastering over lining paper?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essex

Hi
Got council people In doing my kitchen well they ripped it out then they have painted over my lining paper with this green gritty pva what is it? And I always thought lining paper etc should be stripped off? I wouldn't plaster over it personally so am I wrong?

thanks in advance

Hi
Got council people In doing my kitchen well they ripped it out then they have painted over my lining paper with this green gritty pva what is it? And I always thought lining paper etc should be stripped off? I wouldn't plaster over it personally so am I wrong?

thanks in advance
is this a wind up

Sounds like they've used bond it or plasprime ??
I've never tried it? Are they coming back tomorrow to plaster?

HI, When I was at college we would paint the walls with that green/blue gritty stuff then plaster over it. I would imagine then are using it to save time and preperation (reason for using it at college) and also as been said It's the Council !! ... But it's also easy to scrape of so not sure about going over lining paper with it ! good luck

HI, When I was at college we would paint the walls with that green/blue gritty stuff then plaster over it. I would imagine then are using it to save time and preperation (reason for using it at college) and also as been said It's the Council !! ... But it's also easy to scrape of so not sure about going over lining paper with it ! good luck
Go back to welcome new plasterer section

Well I currently work for the council doing bathroom refurbs and I never skim over lining paper wall paper etc soo I'm about to go into the office first thing in the morning and get these wallis out me kitchen I self taught me self to skim and I no it's not a good idea but I thought maybe I'm wrong but what gets me is they hacked off the lose plaster and haven't even bothered to pva that or set the beads I give up with them already lol

Well I currently work for the council doing bathroom refurbs and I never skim over lining paper wall paper etc soo I'm about to go into the office first thing in the morning and get these wallis out me kitchen I self taught me self to skim and I no it's not a good idea but I thought maybe I'm wrong but what gets me is they hacked off the lose plaster and haven't even bothered to pva that or set the beads I give up with them already lol
you get what you pay for..

was it an agricultural college... ??

Well I work and pay my rent and waited like 5 years for a kitchen soo I guess I pay a lot for numpties but should I ask for it to all be stripped off to me I'd say its just going to bubble or crack within 6 months otherwise?

We did the same wood chip last week and it's still on there, if it's council won't they just re do it if it goes wrong

It will bubble straight away pal, the water in the finish will soak into the paper and pull it from the wall, just think how you strip paper.... wet it hey... these T***s dont not what their doing.. but at least they will have to come and sort it, would you want them back tho ?

Not really I spent all day boarding and skimming today to get home to 3 units removed and floor tiles gunned up and walls painted In green c**p when I find it funny it's about £35 a tub now they got to strip it off and £5 pva would of been fine :) but yea I think I'm going to have to have a word this is a joke

I often find skimmed over paper, it can last for a while but it's really not the right way, it's what I call work for starving people

Not really I spent all day boarding and skimming today to get home to 3 units removed and floor tiles gunned up and walls painted In green c**p when I find it funny it's about £35 a tub now they got to strip it off and £5 pva would of been fine :) but yea I think I'm going to have to have a word this is a joke
PVA would have been fine... once the paper is stripped.. you dont skim over wallpaper...

I can strip it yes If they don't I will just wanted to check before I have a word in the morning :) next question do I throw that set of plasterers off f

There is is a pre treatment for plastering over wallpaper that lasts a life time......not pva or bond it etc....no need to scrape.:RpS_thumbup:

no way rogues! plasprime is good but not that good. skim will bubble up for fun. the paper will become wet behind the primer and peel i would say!

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

so someone who agrees a rate with a customer who's happy with what there doing at 150 a day in their pocket is starving
No my point is more slanted, doing these type of jobs firstly where corners need to be cut when you know its not 100 percent but they won't pay for the works that are needed prior to the plastering works, nothing to do with your rate..

What's it got to do with the plasterer not wanting to do the job if the customer agrees to the obvious pitfalls and doesn't want to pay to get it took off

What's it got to do with the plasterer not wanting to do the job if the customer agrees to the obvious pitfalls and doesn't want to pay to get it took off
Same as everything you do, you want it to look right and last otherwise what's the point,

I haven't employed them they are doing it through council (same one I work for but different firm) just frustrating they know I skim look at all the walls in my house lol but yea I think I will ask for it to be stripped and new plasterers I think

Status
Not open for further replies.