plastering future

Members online

hey everyone I was just wondering as I young lad starting out in the plastering trade , is there good money to be made in the future? and do ye think technology will replace plasterers in the future? thanks

hey everyone I was just wondering as I young lad starting out in the plastering trade , is there good money to be made in the future? and do ye think technology will replace plasterers in the future? thanks
Can I ask why you've chosen plastering over say, plumbing or electrical?

U can make decent money!! Working for yourself in the Future would probably be best! But just bare in mind it’s Hard graft On the body!! Day in day out!

You will never replace a Plasterer with Artificial Intelligence as anything intelligent would want to do plastering. Fact.

Imo, it's just a matter of time where internal and external labour intensive plastering will be replaced by hi tech innovation. E.g.. external surfaces completely covered in waterproof solar panel skin, internal using some sort of led display panels that can change colour using a smart phone app ?

electrician... that's all I would do.... easiest money in the world
Tbf dan, it isnt that easy, I qualified 2 years ago, on lead sites it's the most competitive trade by far...a rewire will have 10 interests where a room skim will have 2 or 3....be good when established but not paved with gold how people think when your starting out

Shite money,I know loads of sparks,loads of them about and 10 to a penny.majority on day rate roughly earning £12-£15 per hour,I know this as a know a old friend who employs 12 lads and its most there pay and don't need to pay more than that

Imo, it's just a matter of time where internal and external labour intensive plastering will be replaced by hi tech innovation. E.g.. external surfaces completely covered in waterproof solar panel skin, internal using some sort of led display panels that can change colour using a smart phone app ?
What about if there’s a water leak through ceiling from the bathroom above, bet you’ll be on phone straight away to plasterer then hey won’t yah

It’s not all it’s cracked up to be, lots of faults especially as everything moves into wireless digital era, big overheads and constantly changing regs most sparkles I know are about £180 a day, which is less than me

Tbf dan, it isnt that easy, I qualified 2 years ago, on lead sites it's the most competitive trade by far...a rewire will have 10 interests where a room skim will have 2 or 3....be good when established but not paved with gold how people think when your starting out

my father in law is/was a sparky compared to teh shite I had to do his day was a doddle... boring as hell but a doddle.

in the future they may find better ways to cover walls and ceilings but electricity will always be a constant.

If I had my time again electrician would be above any other trade I think... also you can do it when your fat and almost dead. :D

my father in law is/was a sparky compared to teh shite I had to do his day was a doddle... boring as hell but a doddle.

in the future they may find better ways to cover walls and ceilings but electricity will always be a constant.

If I had my time again electrician would be above any other trade I think... also you can do it when your fat and almost dead. :D
like me danny

Got to keep busy and varied....

Monday - beekeeping
tuesday - fishing
wednesday - cutting lawns
thursday - kit car
friday - writing

Think that is my week so far...

Hopefully not during our time eh ;)

I'm not saying it won't happen, but it's way, way off.
People don't like change, especially when investing in their home.
We've worked on a few eco builds and trust me they aren't a cheap construction, what you're suggesting would be mind blowingly expensive. Way outside of the scope of normal housing.