Plastering fibres

No one's used it then. Seems that most don't even know you can.
But they are widely used in concrete and rendering.
I haven't used them much, only on walls that have had small hairline cracks and in addition to scrim. With success, no cracks showing 6mths later.
No adverse effects with laying on or troweling up. I've only used on first coat but apparently you can use in second with no probs.

No one's used it then. Seems that most don't even know you can.
But they are widely used in concrete and rendering.
I haven't used them much, only on walls that have had small hairline cracks and in addition to scrim. With success, no cracks showing 6mths later.
No adverse effects with laying on or troweling up. I've only used on first coat but apparently you can use in second with no probs.
dont use in second coat,fibres come through finish.

Bet you wouldn’t trade him in for a different model though

No choice. The scythe fell at xmas after 19 years.

Here she is pretending not to know who chewed the bed. up.

1548535970865.png

Which ones do you use, I’ve not had them grin through but just a little on beads?
Sorry James I don't remember, it was over 10years ago I used them. Possibly better make up now,,, put light on wall even with small quantities and it was hairy.

That's not a sheep deg that's a Border Collie. Probably cleverer than half (being generous) the members on here.

She was a funny little deg. Had to be handled in a very particular way. Do it right and people regularly stopped me in the street to say what an astoundingly well trained deg it was. Do it wrong and she'd bite you. Bit me a couple of times. The trick was to always do everything in exactly the same way, always go to the same shop for my beer using the same route. At first, she had to be gently persuaded to do it that way, then when she knew what the right thing to do was, she'd do it without being told.

So she'd catch me up at the road, stop, cross with me smart as a guardsman, wander off, catch me up at the next road, stop outside the supermarket without being told, wait, not go anywhere, and then do it all again backwards to go home.

The trouble came when I wanted to do something different. Say, walk past the supermarket or not go straight home. Then I couldn't persuade her not to do what she thought was right. She'd look at me to say I was doing it wrong. Try to push it, and she'd likely bite.

If anyone else tried to walk her, their experience was that the deg was a handful that wouldn't do f**k all for them - cos they didn't know the magic way.

She was a funny little deg. Had to be handled in a very particular way. Do it right and people regularly stopped me in the street to say what an astoundingly well trained deg it was. Do it wrong and she'd bite you. Bit me a couple of times. The trick was to always do everything in exactly the same way, always go to the same shop for my beer using the same route. At first, she had to be gently persuaded to do it that way, then when she knew what the right thing to do was, she'd do it without being told.

So she'd catch me up at the road, stop, cross with me smart as a guardsman, wander off, catch me up at the next road, stop outside the supermarket without being told, wait, not go anywhere, and then do it all again backwards to go home.

The trouble came when I wanted to do something different. Say, walk past the supermarket or not go straight home. Then I couldn't persuade her not to do what she thought was right. She'd look at me to say I was doing it wrong. Try to push it, and she'd likely bite.

If anyone else tried to walk her, their experience was that the deg was a handful that wouldn't do f**k all for them - cos they didn't know the magic way.
Sounds like she was autistic

Sounds like she was autistic

She just liked being right....it was handy enough because it meant that she was utterly predictable. The flip side was that I had to be predicable too, which is why I said that she had to be handled in a very particular way.

She just liked being right....it was handy enough because it meant that she was utterly predictable. The flip side was that I had to be predicable too, which is why I said that she had to be handled in a very particular way.
Well most women are right :inocente:

Border Collies are my favourite dog by a mile, I've had three now. Not pedigrees, in fact there wasn't even such a thing when I had my first one, but proper working style Collies. My first one came from a Welsh cattle farm and had a fantastic herding instinct. He'd often 'herd' bigger dogs by nipping their heels. Hardly ever went on the lead. We even went to Cambridge for the day and on arrival realised that we'd forgotten his lead and just didn't worry and headed off into the crowds, knowing that he'd be fine.