Plastering check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shah1

Hi guys,

Just had one of my rooms re-skimmed and was wanting the opinions of the more experienced plasters on here. Is it worth having these guys finish the remainder of the house?
room1.jpg
room1.jpg
room2.jpg
room3.jpg
room4.jpg
room5.jpg

What's up is they have gave a price come in blasted it off.now he's thinking how much...they were only here until 2 and thinks its going to be sh.t

Do you feel they were too expensive Mr Shah ?

No, not too expensive. Quite happy with the price for skimming the whole house as long as the job is a good one! I've been running my hand over the walls and can feel the plaster dip and weave... Now not sure if it's all level! Is that normal for re-skimmed walls?

No, not too expensive. Quite happy with the price for skimming the whole house as long as the job is a good one! I've been running my hand over the walls and can feel the plaster dip and weave... Now not sure if it's all level! Is that normal for re-skimmed walls?

It's a re skim, they are going over what was already there my old fruit

But is there no way of getting the walls as close to straight as possible?
Yes , it's a lot more expensive than a Re skim , re skim is decorative in reality,2 mm thickness, if you want it plumb and dot ,ask for a new price , it will be circa 5 times what you have been quoted

Biggest thing with domestics is managing customer expectations. There are different options with different prices. Majority of people I'd say go for a re-skim but as said above it's purely decorative. The walls should be a smooth paintable finish but they won't be straightened up much.

Biggest thing with domestics is managing customer expectations. There are different options with different prices. Majority of people I'd say go for a re-skim but as said above it's purely decorative. The walls should be a smooth paintable finish but they won't be straightened up much.

Well that makes sense. I'd say on a whole the walls feel smooth in most places, but for the bits that don't, what do I do with them? Sand? And what would I be filling if that is also required?

Well that makes sense. I'd say on a whole the walls feel smooth in most places, but for the bits that don't, what do I do with them? Sand? And what would I be filling if that is also required?
It shouldn't need to be sanded ,ask the plasterers ? Or ask a painter

As mentioned, get some paint on it. And if there is imperfections give them a light rub with 120 grit sand paper and fill any hollows with easifill and again sand down. Or better still get it painted and if theres anything your not happy with tell your plasterer.

If it ain't flat paint it Matt . ......you.ll see how good it is when sun comes through window . That's the big test. I seen mint walls but for that one hour sun hit em I no idea how they managed to get it that bad. Think they had used a sweeping brush

Yes chance would be a fine thing. Being an angry loner is not all it's cracked up to be!?? Even shaved the beard off I look like a wrinkly 12 year old lol
Ah you just gotta learn to fake it until it stops being a fake...... I mean women have been doing that for centuries :sisi:

Ah you just gotta learn to fake it until it stops being a fake...... I mean women have been doing that for centuries :sisi:
I've had enough and too old for all the dating get to know bullshit. The only thing I fake is my "size" a woman had a go saying your not f**k**g 6ft 2 !! Then I dropped my pants lol

Marshy I think you need to get laid, like, pronto!
Thing is the term milf is related to a young lad thinking bout a 30 ish hottie. Marshy must be Thinking of a gilf due to his
I've had enough and too old for all the dating get to know bullshit. The only thing I fake is my "size" a woman had a go saying your not f**k**g 6ft 2 !! Then I dropped my pants lol
So ye six foot with ye pants on

Thing is the term milf is related to a young lad thinking bout a 30 ish hottie. Marshy must be Thinking of a gilf due to his

So ye six foot with ye pants on
I'm 6ft 2 tall with a fag stump for a cock and yes at my age it's gilfs not milfs

Status
Not open for further replies.