Plasterers

Members online

This guy is definitely on the buckfast and something else besides pure and utter nonsense talk would like to see some pics and how long they took to do and a picture of the yellow three wheeler RODNEY

Can of coke anyone ?
IMG_6897.JPG

i ent no chancer in always in work and my number always gets past on so I ent that bad and Yh I'm young still abit to learn and also gotta get the work so why not

As for the OP, where do you live. Is it in city in the uk or somewhere not so populated. Me, i kind of see where hes coming from but also agree with others on here. You see, its a f**k*d up world out there and some people just have to do what they do to put bread on the table. We'd all love to charge great rates, buy big houses, 2 big cars in the drive, holiday pay and even 2 holidays a year getting fed grapes by 2 sweedish chicks or 2 big black men if thats what your into (cough cough @dantiler). Me personaly, best we can get here on the west coast is around 120-150aday. Anyone charges anymore doesnt get the work. I priced a bathroom just last week, told the women the price and she mentioned, yes that what i thought it would be because i know the days pay for tradesmen and how many days it would take. Thats what were up against. Dont get me wrong, i get the odd job where i can earn my days pay and some on top but here, people want to to work for a wage and its either that, or sit in the house.

I honestly dont know any plasterers/block layers/stone masons etc.. getting anymore that 150 aday and you either declare it or sink it but the average cash jobs are 100-120. I priced 4 jobs high in the last few weeks just to test the water. 2 where actually torturing me to get back to them, once i threw the prices in - Silence from them and not even answering my calls lol. That tells me, keep the pricing what its at and put bread on the table. As for the UK, that maybe totally different, or places here like Dublin but here in the west, i would agree with the OP. Even places like Belfast its hard to get anywhere near 200 aday. As for me personally, i can afford to live ok on a wage of 500-750 a week because i have no rent to pay because built my own house with my own money. I know where worth more but its like this, either price what everyone is or struggle.

You'll always get paid what you think your worth , so there's your answer.

Meanwhile here on the costa am enjoying cold beer n cool breeze with my tapas :descansando:
View attachment 17892

TBH with you A.plasterer, you can stick your sunshine up your hole! :love:We had 2 weeks of it here and the f**k**g thing drained me. Its a b*****d to work in, f**k**g toasted to thee ballix i was. Head roasted, arms roasted and coming home every night in an even tireder state. Wee damp, not to cold conditions here on west coast suits me down to the ground for working in.

Reactions: s61
26 8 year experience the thing is u gotta start at the bottom to get to the top when u go out on ur own it is what it is and gotta do what u gotta do

TBH with you A.plasterer, you can stick your sunshine up your hole! :love:We had 2 weeks of it here and the f**k**g thing drained me. Its a b*****d to work in, f**k**g toasted to thee ballix i was. Head roasted, arms roasted and coming home every night in an even tireder state. Wee damp, not to cold conditions here on west coast suits me down to the ground for working in.
Limit my hrs this time of year unless good bread to be made.
8-2 then enjoy the beach etc.
Have big villa to start with Venetian soon but I will crash through that as large areas good dosh and more to follow. Also bathroom to do in July high spec and good dosh .
By August the place is cooking anywhere up to 45c so won't be doing much if I can help it unless again good money in it.
That's how it is for me and I like it .
Life's far too short , live it .

i ent no chancer in always in work and my number always gets past on so I ent that bad and Yh I'm young still abit to learn and also gotta get the work so why not
You are no master of correct use of English either lol. Don't be lazy mate surely you wouldn't write an invoice out in that terminology ffs??

Warren you'll look back in a few years when it starts to hurt and think..... I should have charged the right amount all those years I worked for peanuts. Trust me, you carry on the way you are and you'll have f**k all to show for all the work you've done when you're a cripple in your 50's and 60's.

He could do a sideline in rehoming rabbits?? They like a good "Warren"

See what i did there ...... ok il f**k off

Not sure that's true, I didn't have to do that

Lodan, i hate to rain on your parade mate but i have to ask you this, when did you reach the top. I thought you where still hovering around below the middle ?

Only joking Skipper, you set yourself up for that one :risas2::risas2:

Limit my hrs this time of year unless good bread to be made.
8-2 then enjoy the beach etc.
Have big villa to start with Venetian soon but I will crash through that as large areas good dosh and more to follow. Also bathroom to do in July high spec and good dosh .
By August the place is cooking anywhere up to 45c so won't be doing much if I can help it unless again good money in it.
That's how it is for me and I like it .
Life's far too short , live it .

I know, was only kidding ya. Would love to be sitting in it most of the year thou it is a c**t to work in. Maybe its ok if your climatised but when it comes here to the west of ireland, it hits me like a ton of bricks.

When u come from nothing you gotta try make something and ATM it's paying thing and it ent always going be like that but a man and family to live

Lodan, i hate to rain on your parade mate but i have to ask you this, when did you reach the top. I thought you where still hovering around below the middle ?
:) bottom middle or top I know the local rates and I'm right in the middle....if it was £130 to skim a room I would do something else

Only joking Skipper, you set yourself up for that one :risas2::risas2:

I managed to quote that in the middle of your stuff

26 8 year experience the thing is u gotta start at the bottom to get to the top when u go out on ur own it is what it is and gotta do what u gotta do

Are you on the scratcher aswell and getting the house paid?? i dont know the cost of stuff in the UK but i thought 650 was not to bad a wage.

Lol I bet most of u don't get that one man band
You get no sick pay, holidays, pension, you've got a van to buy, maintain, fuel. Tools to buy and maintain, clothes, PPE. Accountants, book keeping, time pricing jobs - evenings&weekends. There's more I've forgotten I'm sure. £600 a week! Shite!

Really Come on 600 a week ent bad tho
Think of your overheads though...tax, ni, van, no holiday pay, no sick pay, lost days cos of no work, cancellations, work not ready....what's left at the end when you average all that out

You get no sick pay, holidays, pension, you've got a van to buy, maintain, fuel. Tools to buy and maintain, clothes, PPE. Accountants, book keeping, time pricing jobs - evenings&weekends. There's more I've forgotten I'm sure. £600 a week! Shite!
You forgot the milf hush hush money too

Think of your overheads though...tax, ni, van, no holiday pay, no sick pay, lost days cos of no work, cancellations, work not ready....what's left at the end when you average all that out
A massive hard on surrounded by milfs beer and party powder for the junkies