Plasterers wanted Medway, Broadstairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

longy

Hi there, my name is Stuart long and and run my own plastering business and I'am looking for good experienced
plasterers for price work Medway down to Broadstairs.

£3 per metre skimming, £5.50 for harwall and set plus money for putting beads up.

here's my mobile number 0785500316

Many thanks
Stuart

That number ain't gonna work Stuart. You've missed a digit out somewhere so you are not gonna get too many calls until you correct it. Seems like reasonable rates assuming there is plenty to go at

Jeez where did he come from, nowt like it is there come on, first/second post straight in for the kill

Stuart, if yo get any calls run em by us and we will give you an heads up mate, if we know owt about em

i got a text the other day mono for 8.00 m2

no wonder it was a text checky conts

i will only ever work for s**t rates to get a foot in the door to show off the skills on offer and i make sure they know it first

Have you thought about tending for the work your self? I mean on smaller sites?

Lets cut these middle men out!

I hate the thought of people earning from my blood, sweat and tears. They know hardly anything and just ask for a views on everything them past them on as there own!

Last edited:
no mate i aint i usually make enough cant be arsed going down that route did it before too much hassle

Gibbos right Curry its best to take what you can at the moment with least agg and least risk, everyone is out to get you at the moment ive never known it so bad you cant trust anyone,just had a bloke go bankrupt on me luckily he was a good mate of mine and paid me up but a lot of suppliers are going to suffer and it aint his fault he has been knocked and it just goes down the line.

I know the rates sound shite but......

An imaginary room 3m x 3m x 2.4m

28.8 m2 of F&S @ £5.50 = £158.40
9 m2 of ceiling skim @ £2.20 = £ 19.80
Total = £178.20

Now I know Gary would piss that each day, and how many lads if honest wouldn't be happy to earn close to £180 a day, day in day out without the grief of running the job and chasing the invoices?

I know the rates sound shite but......

An imaginary room 3m x 3m x 2.4m

28.8 m2 of F&S @ £5.50 = £158.40
9 m2 of ceiling skim @ £2.20 = £ 19.80
Total = £178.20

Now I know Gary would piss that each day, and how many lads if honest wouldn't be happy to earn close to £180 a day, day in day out without the grief of running the job and chasing the invoices?

plus he is giving 3 squid skimming not 2.20 so a extra £7.20

if you have a method of working that you stick to you will earn money at those rates

its not really about that pricework is about working smart not chasing it so your fcuked

andy would you do that in a day on your own? i'm talking more about the floating? i detest floating on my own without a lab, mixing up every 2 minutes, stopping and starting etc.

beds you dont need a lab for floating get a blue barrel cut in half you can knock 3 bags of hardwall in it mix 3 a bit wet load it on the board then mix another 3 wetter leave in the butt when you have done your first 3 load the next lot up and mix another 3 wet it goes like clockwork

theres a place round the corner from me where i can get those barrels free. gonna have to pick another one up. you shovel it on i take it?

also when you have enough on the walls and you need to break for devilling up and such and the butts empty but you need another mix put the shovel and drill in the butt and pour the water for the next mix in and it will clean the shovel and whisk

we seem to be doing more and more floating these days so gonna get down there n get me one, sure i'll find a shovel in their stores aswell. i aint the fastest at floating because until i went on my tod 12 months ago i was always on knocking up duty so had to sort of teach myself so anything to make it run smoother is a bonus

we also put our butt on a small trolley bit of ply with 4 castors helps move around if you got gear in and can be used elswear

andy would you do that in a day on your own? i'm talking more about the floating? i detest floating on my own without a lab, mixing up every 2 minutes, stopping and starting etc.

I'm going to struggle to do anything in the shape I'm at the mo but back a while that would have been no problem.
When floating with S&C I used to do 70m2 plus a day labouring on myself when I was your age Steve.

also when you have enough on the walls and you need to break for devilling up and such and the butts empty but you need another mix put the shovel and drill in the butt and pour the water for the next mix in and it will clean the shovel and whisk

Get yourself a plastic snow shovel from a hardware shop you can soak them in your barrel over night keeps them clean and there light as ****

Status
Not open for further replies.