PLasterers Wanted for several projects in South London and South East

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i`ve seen quite a few so called machine plasterers and so far have not come across anyone who can do more with a machine that a decent spread can do by hand and the finish is always piss poor but i think that`s probably down to never being taught to trowel up properly .
looking at that vid made me smile ,i mean ffs 3 men and machine to lay that bit on. you still have to finish the walls by hand so really can`t see the point of it .
i`ve been in this game a long time so i know the crack and to me the hardwork is troweling it up properly, the laying on is the easy bit as your skim is nice and wet and easy to spread .
the old guy that taught me always used to say when troweling up Quote: if it don`t ******* hurt your not ******* doing it properly ffs u got to put some weight behind that trowel boy . That guy was 65 years old and could lay on all day but left all the towelling up to the 2 of us and i can tell you straight i pulled my fooking guts out nearly trying to keep up with the sets he used to put on

i`ve seen quite a few so called machine plasterers and so far have not come across anyone who can do more with a machine that a decent spread can do by hand and the finish is always piss poor but i think that`s probably down to never being taught to trowel up properly .
looking at that vid made me smile ,i mean ffs 3 men and machine to lay that bit on. you still have to finish the walls by hand so really can`t see the point of it .
i`ve been in this game a long time so i know the crack and to me the hardwork is troweling it up properly, the laying on is the easy bit as your skim is nice and wet and easy to spread .
the old guy that taught me always used to say when troweling up Quote: if it don`t ******* hurt your not ******* doing it properly ffs u got to put some weight behind that trowel boy . That guy was 65 years old and could lay on all day but left all the towelling up to the 2 of us and i can tell you straight i pulled my fooking guts out nearly trying to keep up with the sets he used to put on

What vid are you on about?

i still think the hardest part of skimming is getting it mixed and onto the way quick and flat enough to be ontop of it troweling. if uv got 3 bags on the wall and its still soft and its flat, then ur laughing. if its going off on you then u know uv got a rough couple of hours

Nowhere near as little as this. I charge more than treble, with me supplying. All my work has come from word of mouth and clients are more than happy to pay these prices as they are paying for a skilled tradesman n not someone straight out a two day course or the like. I mainly do roughcast now, have my own site subbying.

I have just joined this site and see your add this job has probely gone.but foroter work my name is frank iv been plastering 30 years.i live in east london verry fit verry exp.pleas give me a call rgs. Frank-07930937695

That's how 80 percent of plasterers make a living nick its not ideal there's firms this way paying 2.20

i know of firms paying £1.80 a metre for skim around birmingham area....................graft like fook for peanuts, No chance wouldnt get out of bed for that:RpS_sleep:

That's how 80 percent of plasterers make a living nick its not ideal there's firms this way paying 2.20

a couple of the poor ***** are in the corridors on £3.50 l/m on bulkheads. no extra for the beading. and theyre not straight forward either. were on daywork now with dislcaimers to render in the snow and cover it. much nicer lol

a couple of the poor ***** are in the corridors on £3.50 l/m on bulkheads. no extra for the beading. and theyre not straight forward either. were on daywork now with dislcaimers to render in the snow and cover it. much nicer lol
w**k*r you cant hack it on price so went crying for daywork

Status
Not open for further replies.