Plasterers only to buy plaster campaign

Please don't blame DIY'ers for this, I've been happily waiting for a few months now for multi as I'm well aware it's not my livelihood . There is no way I'm putting money in the pockets of profiteers reselling marked up, I'll wait as long as it takes to get it at standard price. To give Travis Perkins their credit when I saw a BG truck outside I phoned to ask about stock and the first question was do I have an account, I think they are making an effort to look after their regulars. What makes me angry is I think we'll see lots wasted as it goes off unsold in the hands of profiteers and then dumped. I hope the councils charge people when they try to dispose of it at household waste sites. Maybe if DIY stores were forced to take some responsibility for 'duty of care' of punters turning up in a car they could prevent purchase of over say 250kg materials unless they have a commercial vehicle. I totally agree something needs to be done but I can't sign as I wouldn't be able to buy any myself then, unless I find a way to pass myself off as a plasterer, but then if I can do that anyone can including the profiteers. How would the scheme work, ask for a CSCS card for a plastering discipline, or C&G certs, company registration, look the van over ??
There in lies the problem. This trade has been decimated by every tom dick and abdul thinking he can buy a bag of multi and a speedskim and call himself a plasterer. Qualifications do not mean anything anymore. This trade is f**k*d.

Dont know if anyone remembers but i started to name a few of the people profiting from this on here. I have 20 odd names of companies from a carpet shop to plumbers and alot of plasterers/ builders. I did take this further and report it to The CMA (for businesses) and they did email me back but doubt they will look into it.

The best one I got was a Dr and her husband who own a retirement complex for loaded old folk. Played around with them for a bit getting addresses and then he threatened me saying he will deal with me if our paths cross......LOL.....Still waiting on him phoning me to arrange some sort of meeting.

Dont know if anyone remembers but i started to name a few of the people profiting from this on here. I have 20 odd names of companies from a carpet shop to plumbers and alot of plasterers/ builders. I did take this further and report it to The CMA (for businesses) and they did email me back but doubt they will look into it.

The best one I got was a Dr and her husband who own a retirement complex for loaded old folk. Played around with them for a bit getting addresses and then he threatened me saying he will deal with me if our paths cross......LOL.....Still waiting on him phoning me to arrange some sort of meeting.
Dr Shipley ?

Always knew that dr Phil was a dodgy b*****d! :mad:

Well that sums up that it’s become an opportunists goldmine. It will take time to settle down this. Until Abdul Mohammed can’t sell his bags then they’ll just keep up the short supply for DIY stores

Shall we all meet up and beat him with socks filled with multi

It was actually a Dr Chowdhury :inocente: along with her husband Bruno. The galling thing is that they are millionaires. Supposed to be a clever bloke but he said that he only put a price of £35 a bag to deter people from buying it ???? Then said that he had actually given it away to plasterers who travelled for miles (During lockdown) but when i googled his Doctors wifes name, she was helping the NHS combat Covid. His emails were laughable for someone so high profile. I was told that i was sad with nothing else to do. Yep he was right. Our lads were furloughed and had no plaster anyway

I went to travis yesterday as I was passing by,they had 2 pallets of multi and quarter pallet of board finish,all been allocated out to th
Shall we all meet up and beat him with socks filled with multi
Will have to pay £20 for a bag first mate

Over 2000 signatures now and seems to be getting a lot of views (over 10.000 this week ) and shares now
4A9A44B1-89A0-44DF-80E6-90E3CE04CF2C.png

I’m hearing folks are starting to get plaster ok now would you lot agree is it ok in your respective areas

I’m hearing folks are starting to get plaster ok now would you lot agree is it ok in your respective areas

our local builders merchants are fully loaded with materials. you are able to take a full pallet.

Band Q have a huge stock of making good plaster, that they are stuck with as the trade will not purchase it. they are also loosing selling there beads etc . no one is going to go to 2 different places just to pickup materials.

our local builders merchants are fully loaded with materials. you are able to take a full pallet.

Band Q have a huge stock of making good plaster, that they are stuck with as the trade will not purchase it. they are also loosing selling there beads etc . no one is going to go to 2 different places just to pickup materials.
Bnq can't compete with Wickes for price , product range ( knauf boards as well ) and have quicker turnaround on bag dates

Bnq can't compete with Wickes for price , product range ( knauf boards as well ) and have quicker turnaround on bag dates

the problem with our Wickes , is it is in a no go area because the traffic is so heavy you can easy lose an hour.