Plasterers only to buy plaster campaign

Members online

Not wrong for buying from them, wrong to complain that they won't change their business to account for one trade's supply issues now. That trade (along with others) put the DIY sheds in the prominent position they have now. BG supply to their biggest customers, the DIY sheds are one of those, and it's the trade/s along with public who've put them in that position.

BG are a part of the problem for sure, but like any company or business they can only supply where there is demand. Outside of the huge sites the biggest demand by far in recent years has been the sheds. DO you seriously think that BG (or anyone else) is going to p1ss off one of their biggest customers because people further down the chain are unhappy?

I havent complsaned about who they sell to its not there problem.

The problem is 1 manufacturer hold the whole industry to ransam and impacts every plasterers life every time they have a problem at there plants.

There a F*****g joke but they can be because ultimatley we can do nothing about it.

Merchants, sheds spreads where just all puppets in there little game!

A pallet got delivered to site last Wednesday as I was packing up looked out the window a w**k*r sparky had his boot open and chucking bags in there couldn’t believe it by the time I got over there he had 9 bags in there! Told him he either pays £50 a bag for it or put it all back so he put it back. Then I had to sit it in the van and watch the lad load it all into the house.

A pallet got delivered to site last Wednesday as I was packing up looked out the window a w**k*r sparky had his boot open and chucking bags in there couldn’t believe it by the time I got over there he had 9 bags in there! Told him he either pays £50 a bag for it or put it all back so he put it back. Then I had to sit it in the van and watch the lad load it all into the house.
Sparky c**t!!

Should have smashed the c**t in the face and then told him to put it back.

w**k*r fill his boxes in!

Complete waste of time
Any other better ideas mate , mainly thinking of sole traders here too , seeing as there is something like 10,000 merchants on the uk and we are nearly 3 months back at work yet there’s still no plaster ?

Rest assured there will be players watching this thinking can we fill the gap...but so far none have measured up...when they do bg is f**k*d

What about a rebate scheme on the empty bags, get outlets to charge £25 a bag then rebate £18 credit on return of empty bags with invoice? Would keep DIY'ers like me able to get the couple of bags I need but hopefully put off the hoarders and profiteers trying to resell it. Higher outlay on first order but then rolling rebate of credit from then on for regular customers. If its credit not cash back then more in the coffers of the merchants too. Could be open to abuse though I guess?

What about a rebate scheme on the empty bags, get outlets to charge £25 a bag then rebate £18 credit on return of empty bags with invoice? Would keep DIY'ers like me able to get the couple of bags I need but hopefully put off the hoarders and profiteers trying to resell it. Higher outlay on first order but then rolling rebate of credit from then on for regular customers. If its credit not cash back then more in the coffers of the merchants too. Could be open to abuse though I guess?
Sounds ok but, There would be loads of skip divers about! @John j?

Just want to say nice one to anyone who’s signed already over 140 already have which is great for one day
And to all the folks that have shared it too

That has got to be the best suggestion I've heard so far.
And you're a DIY'er are you? I do hope you're one of the ones I haven't been abusive to?

That has got to be the best suggestion I've heard so far.
And you're a DIY'er are you? I do hope you're one of the ones I haven't been abusive to?

I'd imagine you'd get a good discount and higher priority access to materials as a forum collective. The amount of gear bought monthly by forum members must be colossal. If that was done under a single purchasing arrangement TPF members would be one of BG's large customers never mind if you went through a particular merchant.

Getting the gear distributed shouldn't be too much of an issue through a courier company or via the likes of Shipley. Buy 20 pallets of gear from whoever, then get the courier to collect the broken down amounts direct from source to end user.

If someone had the will to sort out the logistics you'd be well away.

Need to stop it being sold on FB, Ebay, Amazon, Gumtree. That would kill it. No need to punish the genuine DIYers and yes their project is just as important as someone else's who can and is prepared to pay someone else for it.

Bottom line for me is why attack DIYers over and over when its those *rsehole "traders" that are causing this?

Need to stop it being sold on FB, Ebay, Amazon, Gumtree. That would kill it. No need to punish the genuine DIYers and yes their project is just as important as someone else's who can and is prepared to pay someone else for it.

Bottom line for me is why attack DIYers over and over when its those *rsehole "traders" that are causing this?
Why do you feel at this moment in time your little diy project is important? Can't a wall wait? You will only f**k it up anyway

I agree these parasitic traders are to blame, but for most of us it's our livelihood so we don't care who's buying it, just that we can't get any. No plaster means no work, no work means no money. How are you going to try and argue that having an undecorated room is the same as not being able to pay the bills?

I agree these parasitic traders are to blame, but for most of us it's our livelihood so we don't care who's buying it, just that we can't get any. No plaster means no work, no work means no money. How are you going to try and argue that having an undecorated room is the same as not being able to pay the bills?
That's a fair point. I'd be interested though in what percentage of say multi finish goes to DIYers. I bet its small - not many want to do it. My point was only that why is someone else's house more important than mine and I don't think you are saying it is just that someone else's house might employ a plasterer for whom its their living and that IS more important than my house (or their house for that matter). I only started off on this because someone took issue at DIYers going to a DIY store.

Also having a go at DIYers (assuming they do account for a small amount) is missing the main enemy. If you'd included DIyers into the petition it might be easier to get even more folk to sign in including me.

That's a fair point. I'd be interested though in what percentage of say multi finish goes to DIYers. I bet its small - not many want to do it. My point was only that why is someone else's house more important than mine and I don't think you are saying it is just that someone else's house might employ a plasterer for whom its their living and that IS more important than my house (or their house for that matter). I only started off on this because someone took issue at DIYers going to a DIY store.

Also having a go at DIYers (assuming they do account for a small amount) is missing the main enemy. If you'd included DIyers into the petition it might be easier to get even more folk to sign in including me.
In an ideal world we'd all be able to get plaster, I see your point but there's no way to police who's buying plaster for DIY purposes or resale. It would take 5 minutes to verify people buying it for actual trade but would be open to abuse. If people stopped buying from these people then they'd stop flogging it, would prefer to s**t in my hand and clap than give those tramps any money. Had to drive an hour long round trip for 5 bags of board finish so I can do a job tomorrow. f**k**g nuts.

60 percent on here are diy or retired old gits doing 2 bags a week , what they use in a month a spread uses in a day

I'm blaming Pakistanis
1595398446533.gif

Let’s buy all dem plasters innit bruv. Makin more dan de white powder now innit.
Allaho wakbar.
58E9311C-A366-4376-8DC6-DC7A457D9EF0.jpeg
58E9311C-A366-4376-8DC6-DC7A457D9EF0.jpeg

Doesn’t matter where it’s from it’s happening in every town and won’t stop either why would they stop and why would anyone but us give a s**t , bg sell all of there materials going out and BandQ and wickes are selling it all day long so they aren’t bothered sites have there constant supply as they buy bulk all the time , it’s the sole traders that are stuffed because of this profiteering
All day long every day in every town
098C9083-5B85-4E4F-95E8-C3EF7F400720.jpeg