plasterers one stop shop!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kev you were harsh on the company you cant deny it 4000 sold 30 returns no one said anything about you cant have a opinion you clearly have one and rightly so!so go and enjoy your pint and RELAX

Kev you were harsh on the company you cant deny it 4000 sold 30 returns no one said anything about you cant have a opinion you clearly have one and rightly so!so go and enjoy your pint and RELAX

I think you're being harsh on Kevin here. He had problems with the Nela as did my mate. The "free" replacement of a £50 trowel after a few days is great if you have a spare trowel with you (I always do) . If you lose a days wages over it.....

i would imagine Marshalltown wouldn't have had 30 returns (?) allegedly over 4000.
Im not biased, I'm a Tyzack user :RpS_thumbup:

When Ryan replaced mine the courier brought the replacement to where I was working, I opened the box while the courier waited and put my damaged one in it to be sent back.
No loss of work, no loss of skimming time due to being without a trowel.

I do have a spare trowel just in case but you can't fault Ryan's customer service.

When Ryan replaced mine the courier brought the replacement to where I was working, I opened the box while the courier waited and put my damaged one in it to be sent back.
No loss of work, no loss of skimming time due to being without a trowel.

I do have a spare trowel just in case but you can't fault Ryan's customer service.

i agree that customer service is good, but my mate launched his Nela into the skip when it popped and rummaged around in the back of my (bomb site) van for ages swearing if we loose this hit etc etc.
i love Tyzacks, light and flexible, in fact too flexible but I buy 4 at a time when they're on sale @£15 each. I'm sure that Marshalltown have NO returns, that's the difference. He will never buy a Nela again and I wouldn't take the chance again either

Kev, I appreciate all feedback and know nothing was personal.

Every manufacturer of Plastering tools has call backs - Fact! We also sell MT and have sent many back due to quality issues. We have even moved OX from our range due to quality issues as well.

Unfortunately its part of life and it happens!

One thing I strongly believe in is NELA, that is why I'm happy to invest in it massively and also put my companies name by the side of it. They have shown interest in the market and trade and will always aim to be the best and improve their products where required. They won't shy away and won't sit back when they have made it.

Of all the plastering products I have purchased over the last fifteen years the nela trowels I feel have made the biggest positive impact to the trade.
Some spreads may say the speedskim or plastic flexi trowel. There have been many new tools appear for the plastering trade over the last few years and this forum and its sponsors will be great for the end user
whether its reviews/opinions or customer service/sales.
Opinions will always vary when a new product is launched and there are quite often teething problems.
When a problem with a batch of trowels becomes known and the seller offers a free collection and replacement service then customers can buy with complete confidence.

Some my say the speedskim or plastic trowels, there have been a quite a lot of new products in the last 5 years some better than others.

Ive never known or heard of any plasterer turning up to a job with just one trowel in his fighting tackle come to think of it its like turning up with just one bucket .wow irish enlighten me please!

My old boss His brother and their old employee had 1 trowel each.
Total mingebag in my opinion one trowel so I gather they had no gauger or bucket trowel small tool .they must used his hands to scoop out residue of gear in the bucket whilst pouring on old spotboard.

A lot of angry Nela zealots out there, it's a trowel guys just a trowel, ryan is a top guy,stop the silly fights,

I think we all have far more tools than we actually need! My bruv has bare minimal tools, one trowel that gets used for everything! He will never change been like it for over 10 years and id say he has saved alot of money of those years, and guess what all those plastered walls look the same when painted as mine do!

Total mingebag in my opinion one trowel so I gather they had no gauger or bucket trowel small tool .they must used his hands to scoop out residue of gear in the bucket whilst pouring on old spotboard.

So if someone's skimming trowel breaks mid set youd expect them to use a bucket trowel instead?

I think we all have far more tools than we actually need! My bruv has bare minimal tools, one trowel that gets used for everything! He will never change been like it for over 10 years and id say he has saved alot of money of those years, and guess what all those plastered walls look the same when painted as mine do!

According to bagrat if he uses it for everything that must include sweeping up. Screwing boards up. Scratching k rend. Cooking your tea when you get home...

Kev, I appreciate all feedback and know nothing was personal.

Every manufacturer of Plastering tools has call backs - Fact! We also sell MT and have sent many back due to quality issues. We have even moved OX from our range due to quality issues as well.

Unfortunately its part of life and it happens!

One thing I strongly believe in is NELA, that is why I'm happy to invest in it massively and also put my companies name by the side of it. They have shown interest in the market and trade and will always aim to be the best and improve their products where required. They won't shy away and won't sit back when they have made it.

Hi ryan, your attitude is 100% spot-on,think i spoke with you a few years ago, anyhow are these nela trowels pretty good, wouldnt mind one, where do i get them?
Recently, i have started a new construction company up with a couple of fellow tradesmen, usually get our beads from sas etc, however if you can give us good prices then we are more than happy to use yourselves, pm me if you want my details.thanks..

Ive never known or heard of any plasterer turning up to a job with just one trowel in his fighting tackle come to think of it its like turning up with just one bucket .wow irish enlighten me please!

If you READ my post it says when I see Tyzack trowels reduced to £15 I buy a load of them, lovely trowels for skimming but they go out of shape after a while (still useable tho). What I was saying was in the middle of a big hit my mates Nela popped and he had to rummage around frantically looking for another trowel

If you READ my post it says when I see Tyzack trowels reduced to £15 I buy a load of them, lovely trowels for skimming but they go out of shape after a while (still useable tho). What I was saying was in the middle of a big hit my mates Nela popped and he had to rummage around frantically looking for another trowel

When you you say popped you mean De-bonded? Have not heard of a rivet going on the NELAS. If so that's a whole new one to me

I bought an OX pipe trowel, it said on the side it was stainless steel, now you can't see it for the rust :RpS_cursing: I'm not bothered about the money it cost, more the fact I thought I was buying something that it clearly wasn't fukin OX power my left knacker :RpS_thumbdn:

Status
Not open for further replies.