Plasterers not turning up

Members online

No members online now.

jeanclaudevangyproc

Don't know about you lads but I'm coming across this more and more lately been and seen three this week that have all said they had someone booked in but they didn't turn up and now can't get hold of them , I've then quoted and got oh well it's twice as much or its a lot more than they quoted but got the jobs anyway my gripe is why even bother quoting or under quoting them in the first place ? It just makes it harder for us lads who do a good job a decent rates because the customer has a false idea on costs from the outset from a numpty who doesn't turn up!

Don't know about you lads but I'm coming across this more and more lately been and seen three this week that have all said they had someone booked in but they didn't turn up and now can't get hold of them , I've then quoted and got oh well it's twice as much or its a lot more than they quoted but got the jobs anyway my gripe is why even bother quoting or under quoting them in the first place ? It just makes it harder for us lads who do a good job a decent rates because the customer has a false idea on costs from the outset from a numpty who doesn't turn up!
Odd if they're pricing them cheap when they are busy ! I hate new customers ,I really do now, most of my work is for regulars ,(developers ,builders) etc.

It just doesn't make sense they are all nice people ,nice houses etc just seems a waste of time going in the first place ? Also not giving themselves a very good rep either by just blanking the customer altogether , best excuse I heard why one didn't turn up was last year in June broken ankle by slipping on ice haha he must've been on the sauce when he rang up and forgot the month!

It just doesn't make sense they are all nice people ,nice houses etc just seems a waste of time going in the first place ? Also not giving themselves a very good rep either by just blanking the customer altogether , best excuse I heard why one didn't turn up was last year in June broken ankle by slipping on ice haha he must've been on the sauce when he rang up and forgot the month!
Or a novice skater

This has always happened especially when its busy, they get a nicer job come in and so let people down. Ive had a few like this lately and the most common excuses are they hurt the back or shoulder, van broke down, wife/ girlfriend gave birth! Etc
They dont care about reputation but some are just simply not organised iether.

All depends what builder , i know some good ones and some bad ones in them ways ! You should get the price u want aslong as its reasonable if they knock you down just dont do it . If they know ur work is bang on surely they will get u still rather than gamble with a un known

You know mate. Customers are always so keen to penny pinch and find everything cheaper online, made supplying gear hardly worthwhile.

I've picked up work recently with with plasters just not turning up lol
I'll gladly take the work they don't, of course at my price [emoji106]
I've been lucky with builders, a family run small construction firm who I actually started out of school for as a labourer gives me a lot of work still.
Boarding if it's done before I get on the job is always spot on, and always paid on time.
I realise it's as Rare as hens teeth mind

I'm that busy atm Im picking and chosing jobs. Got a couple of big jobs running and fit in any decent smaller ones when I can. Just had a call for a hsl....nope lol

I'm that busy atm Im picking and chosing jobs. Got a couple of big jobs running and fit in any decent smaller ones when I can. Just had a call for a hsl....nope lol
Pass them jobs onto Tam and the crew ;-)

I rather do new work, private builds, or tbh I like site work although the money is crap on most site jobs. Odd domestic is ok as homer but lot the times seem to be more hassle than I can be annoyed with

Builders are s**t to work for, want everything done yesterday, want you there as soon as they are ready, knock down your rates, always think they know best on application and then charge you out at a fortune! Bunch of c**ts.
There is a old saying Builder are basterd