Plasterers grit .... Can you dilute ?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No clue what ur on about mate, yes sometimes you can leave PVA to dry completely, but you must coat it again as the PVA has to be tacky when applying the plaster.. you can get info leaflets on this sort of stuff ya know..lol
no it doesn't makes no difference

it makes no difference if the PVA is tacky or not, it re-emulsifies when ya skiiming

Cassie. Next time you're skimming a pvad wall. Put a blob on the adjacent wall (onto dry pva) after an hour or so try and scrape it off and you'll see it takes the pva with it as its reemulsified and bonded together

Cassie. Next time you're skimming a pvad wall. Put a blob on the adjacent wall (onto dry pva) after an hour or so try and scrape it off and you'll see it takes the pva with it as its reemulsified and bonded together

Anyone else plaster onto dried PVA ?? if it works I;m on that... make it easier... just always applied when tacky, always been told that... thanks anyway...

What was the first product you used instead of pva? I used thistle bondit until i found Betakontakt.

We used bond it. We were refurbishing a pub/restaurant in cov and they wanted the toilets skimming but didn't want tl to take the tiles off. The builder said he'd heard of this stuff that is designed to go over tiles so you can skim them (the original adverts said exactly that)

Didn't find out about bluegrit or wba til I came on here

We used bond it. We were refurbishing a pub/restaurant in cov and they wanted the toilets skimming but didn't want tl to take the tiles off. The builder said he'd heard of this stuff that is designed to go over tiles so you can skim them (the original adverts said exactly that)

Didn't find out about bluegrit or wba til I came on here

Apperntly you can skim over tile with plasprime x. Still wouldnt fancy it mind

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

i did my own bathroom tiles with pva and it turned out tip top, as long as you dont bang on the second coat to soon it should be ok like shimming a painted wall.

Ahh right never tried it like. Do you leave pva over night? Is ok even on glazed tike?

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

yeh, ok on glazed tiles, hangs around tho, gotta let the pva really tack up or it will slide around..

Status
Not open for further replies.