Plasterers get less money

Members online

No members online now.

Wazza

Why do us plasterers get less money than brickeys plumbers electricians when we have to get things level, straight, smooth, square, clean and tidy ??? it really pisses me off what do you think lads we should get more money!!

Why do us plasterers get less money than brickeys plumbers electricians when we have to get things level, straight, smooth, square, clean and tidy ??? it really pisses me off what do you think lads we should get more money!!
Put your rates up

Plasterer's are in the main not the brightest , brickies ,plumbers and electricians are always been sought , there is always different levels of plastering skills, from the lad who can do patching ,to the lad who can skim a wall a day or two,to the lad who can take on a flat and supply and plaster , to the man who is running gangs of men and taking on new developments with all the correct papers etc, a lot of our work is in the black economy and rates are whatever the cheapest will work for

We are not plasterers we are "turd polishers" most of the time. Covering up other trades s**t!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Generally round our way a brickie, chippie and a spread her the same hourly rate by contractors.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

U got it right deri we do cover up other Trades shoe work make sure it all gd n clean And tidy dies my heading and a all rounder patch skimming renders etc should get a lot more it all bulkshit

Because you'll work for it.

Simple. If you're working for this s**t money then you are part of the problem.

Same thing happened to truck drivers mebbes ten years ago. People decided that perhaps the drivers could do a bit more and accept a bit less.

Plenty Polish men about who do. But Polish men aren't very good drivers. They get lost and hit bridges and things like that.

Eventually, the money had to go back up. People are still screaming for drivers and they have been forced to pay them properly.

Next.

People think plastering just a Dumasses job but when Uou look into it see what u have to get round and over it not so easy job

Yh but there a lot of s**t out there getting good money n house bashers on price I would say dont do good job as day rate cuz that are on price not take the time

Bricklayers are now rare. When we had the crash in 2007 all but one I know found alternative work and are still there. Brick layers are often out of work in winter and the young find it too hard and out of date. So demand is now far exceeding supply. They can demand money. Plus it is now more technical, no longer a dummies job.

Joiners are also in demand but they need to be clever and have to use there brain to get through the day.

Same with electrcians and plumbers.

But plasterers? Well the clever ones are on here. But it is not an intelligent job. It is a skill those who didn’t do well at school can pick up.

As said above, there are different levels. The skimmers, the tackers, the plasterers who are labour only with a bare bones tool kit. The plasterers who can do any plastering whatever it is, screeding and outside work.

There has always been cheap plasterers who spoil it for those who are trying to run a business.

Plasterers are not proud like plumbers, gas men and sparkies.

Personally I don't do any work for someone elses rates or day rates. I have done in the past when working on sites and earnt good money but have worked hard to build up local business without paying any advertising or checkabuilder fees.

Where are you based @Wazza ? Years ago I made the same complaint as you, maybe prices are stronger down my way but we do as well as any other trade

I'm from Birmingham moved to dorset money is s**t here really than back home I have quote abit cheap keep my self in work but Better than nothering really and rigsby u don't no what u on about if a brickey f**k up a wall we dot and make sure it all level straight or render and a plasterer a lot harder work and for chippes the same we got all the mess clean up after the f**k**s

I'm from Birmingham moved to dorset money is s**t here really than back home I have quote abit cheap keep my self in work but Better than nothering really and rigsby u don't no what u on about if a brickey f**k up a wall we dot and make sure it all level straight or render and a plasterer a lot harder work and for chippes the same we got all the mess clean up after the f**k**s

You should be doing alright in Dorset. Are more site or domestic?

Haha telling @Rigsby he doesn't know what he's on about lol

Yes, you all agree on a minimum day rate and then i can do it cheaper and take all the work.;)

As someone said to me. Why are plasters so unreliable and why are so many heavy drinkers.. The the trade image is poor I think..