Plasterers Fitness

Members online

I have a fair few coffees throughout the day, don't know if that's high or low, haven't had a health check the past 20 years tbh
Cut it out or move to decaf and after a few days you will feel the difference mate, my stress is non existent now after being at breaking point.

Cut it out or move to decaf and after a few days you will feel the difference mate, my stress is non existent now after being at breaking point.
You might be right, but in the recent months I mostly dealt with dickheads, that won't help matters lol

You might be right, but in the recent months I mostly dealt with dickheads, that won't help matters lol
Try if for a week then tell me honestly how you feel, don't replace the coffee with cola or sh it like that, water and diluting juice. You'll be amazed at the difference.

Try if for a week then tell me honestly how you feel, don't replace the coffee with cola or sh it like that, water and diluting juice. You'll be amazed at the difference.
I have to get some decaffeinated stuff at first, coffee is life at 5-6 in the morning

It's good to hear. What's the underlying cause? Is it the job that stresses you out? Be the calm in the storm.

You did something about it. Most people would sit and do nothing. There's an old proverb that's says some men make things happen, some watch things happen, but most wonder what's happened.

Serious question stu , if I stopped drinking normal coffee how the hell do I wake up ?
My Mrs tried to trick me sometimes with decaf when she brings coffee up, by 10 am I'm still working round in noddy noddy land

Last edited:
Easier to be said than done tbh (y)
There is constant mind chatter what we call our thoughts .
Sometimes you see people muttering these thoughts others clearly voice them , we call them nutters.
But they are solely verbalising what we all have going on in our heads.
The story.
Things that have happened "our past" and the scenarios we dream up that haven't happened "our future"
We generally torment ourselves with these and can dissapear for hrs like a loose dog with a scent over the hills and far away.
The art is to be present and aware of the chatter , listen to it and be aware of its desire to take you away from the present " the here and now" the only real bit "the present"
Once aware you can see how clever the thoughts become being thrown out the front door and coming back through the back door.
Your story cannot exist with being present , anymore than being present can exist when lost in story.
Hope that makes sense.
Pull up a chair in your mind and see where your thoughts try to take you before long you will no longer be present or observing , you'll be lost in it again but little by little you will be more aware and therefore more present as this is the only place that is real to live your life. :)

Serious question stu , if I stopped drinking normal coffee how the hell do I wake up ?
My Mrs tried to trick me sometimes when she brings coffee up, by 10 am I'm still working round in noddy noddy land
Try ginseng Vince

My Mrs tried to trick me sometimes with decaf when she brings coffee up, by 10 am I'm still working round in noddy noddy land
Not going to lie the first 3/4 days are really hard but after that you wake up with bags of energy, I don't even think about coffee now and I used to have a big mug with two heaped spoonfuls in it as soon as I woke.

Sometimes you see people muttering these thoughts others clearly voice them , we call them nutters.
The story.
Things that have happened "our past" and the scenarios we dream up that haven't happened "our future"
We generally torment ourselves with these and can dissapear for hrs like a loose dog with a scent over the hills and far away.
The art is to be present and aware of the chatter , listen to it and be aware of its desire to take you away from the present " the here and now" the only real bit "the present"
Once aware you can see how clever the thoughts become being thrown out the front door and coming back through the back door.
Your story cannot exist with being present , anymore than being present can exist when lost in story.
Hope that makes sense.
Pull up a chair in your mind and see where your thoughts try to take you before long you will no longer be present or observing , you'll be lost in it again but little by little you will be more aware and therefore more present as this is the only place that is real to live your life. :)
Im sure it makes sense.
Trouble is, I can't control others that they being dingbats, that's where I get the stress from. I don't create it as such, well I do as I go to work but then again I yet to meet someone who's not stressed out on something.

Im sure it makes sense.
Trouble is, I can't control others that they being dingbats, that's where I get the stress from. I don't create it as such, well I do as I go to work but then again I yet to meet someone who's not stressed out on something.
People and life is what it is , our perception and how we react to it is our choice . Hence people saying " I knew that was gonna happen" well perhaps we think these scenarios in and react to them in a negative way as we are expecting it.
I can start my day fine but within 20mins of leaving the gaff I can be lost in anger with some tosspot on the road.
This creates a view that everyone is now a c unt! And I'm expecting more s**t therefore everything is now negative .
Rather than laughing off the s**t driving thinking oh well not long before that t**t crashes and move forward with my positive mood.
We can't fix the world but we can navigate through it .

I`ve had three borderline panic attacks in cinemas and gigs, all times were after a nice Italian meal finished with a big latte
Drink it too fast and then sit worrying about all the ways I could die lol
See I would fire into coffee all day and be fine one day then something might happen next day and I would feel a sense of apprehension like something bad was going to happen and it would last all day. All the time I'm still firing into lattes and all sorts all day wondering why I was feeling that way lol

The story.
Hope that makes sense.
I think I love you...

I think I love you...
IMG_6774.GIF

puts your body into a heightened state of alert

Exactly mate, I just sat primed - ready for ISIS to attack, no word of a lie...
Girlfriend would be like "are you okay?"
And I`ve scoped out all the exits, sat gripping my biro with a death grip ready to annihilate any perceived hostile approachees

The decaf process coffee goes through is pretty nasty. Personally I'd avoid decaf coffee. Best switching to herbal teas or green tea left to steep for a short time.
I make teas from the herbs I grow in the green house. Sage and spearmint, Rosemary tea, thyme and peppermint. Bloody lovely :D

The story.
Hope that makes sense.

Nice.

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present" Lao Tzu.

Brings to mind James Allen's As a Man Thinketh and The Law of Attraction.

Bit heavy for some but zen buddhism has a lot of truth to it.
Living in the here and now.
The past can cause depression, the future; anxiety.
Its hard to do when we are constantly bombarded with crap...in our food...in the news...the music we hear...advertisements etc. the list goes on.
But spending some time with no thoughts...just being present... is a great antidote.

On a different note my grandparents lived to a ripe old age...they never spoke of death or disease, yet all we see everywhere is cancer this...cancer that.

It cant be good!

Bit heavy for some but zen buddhism has a lot of truth to it.
Living in the here and now.
The past can cause depression, the future; anxiety.
Its hard to do when we are constantly bombarded with crap...in our food...in the news...the music we hear...advertisements etc. the list goes on.
But spending some time with no thoughts...just being present... is a great antidote.

On a different note my grandparents lived to a ripe old age...they never spoke of death or disease, yet all we see everywhere is cancer this...cancer that.

It cant be good!

Agree.