plasterboard waste

Status
Not open for further replies.
That I don't know, you are not allowed carry waste board in your van without a licence, some sites have separate skips for plasterboard

there is a minute amount of radiation on the infill of a sheet of plasterboard. british gypsum will collect your waste plasterboard if you purchase the ton bags from them and have a minuim amount of 5 ton to collect.
my local private transfer station will accept waste board at a price, but from their point of view it is unsaleable.

they have a special skip at my tip for it i used to be able to just take cut offs in the car but i only have a van now and they wo'nt let me in unless i pay so i usually put it in a rubble sack and just leave it on a trolley outside b and q and wicks when noone is looking. if you do that do'nt leave any receipts or anything in the bag as they will track you down

I have a trailer for my car as long as it's below a certain size u can go there for unlimited trips. I asleays get rid of my crap that way

they have a special skip at my tip for it i used to be able to just take cut offs in the car but i only have a van now and they wo'nt let me in unless i pay so i usually put it in a rubble sack and just leave it on a trolley outside b and q and wicks when noone is looking. if you do that do'nt leave any receipts or anything in the bag as they will track you down
Thats your best tip yet dave "just leave it outside wickes in a bin bag".
You should write a book "Fly tipping" by davethedog. Legend:RpS_thumbsup:

lol its not really flytipping scottie5 as its only one bag. i will take it out and put it on the trolley when putting new plaster in that way if it is ever on cctv and they trace me it just looks like i forgot to put it back in again

i do the same with old hard plasterand rubble and stuff to be honest. not all the time i will try and just throw it in a skip at the side of a road first

lately ive been telling customer I do not have a waste carriers license so can either order a skip or they can dispose of it themselves. I used to store it in my lock up until I had a skip full then have a drop and wait.

Suprising how many customers suddenly can be arsed to get rid of the waste when you say you'll have to order a skip cos its trade waste......................:RpS_thumbsup:

You really are a fu*king tit it's people like you that give us decent plasterers a bad name

I have a mini skip at in the yard at home and I charge the customer usually £20 for taking waste away.
I divide the skip with a plywood board and one section is for gypsum and the other is for cement, rubble etc. skip firm is happy with that, as long as it can be separated.
The skip is £90 and I just give em a call when it's full.

Great advice @DavetheDog , you really are a great addition to the tpf family, hope you stick around bud :RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
another nice tip there dave :RpS_thumbup:

who's noone ... :RpS_confused:

When you are using pb ...put your offcuts in behind ...:rolleyes)
partitions,, between studs,,above ceilings etc.........it helps with the u values too:RpS_thumbup:
:RpS_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.