Plasterboard shelf life

Members online

New Forester

Hi, just joined and first question. I'm doing my house up and been offered 10 sheets of 12.5 mm Gyproc plasterboard which is 15 years old plus. Been stored flat inside an unheated house shell (with doors & windows). Is it worth touching? Will be fitted on walls, on top of 9mm OSB, on 400mm studs. I know it's only saving £50 or so, but every £50 helps! Thanks in advance.

15 years old?! I'd play it safe and buy new. You never know what may be on the surface. I've never used board that old but would mither me thinking about the potential finish on them

15yrs old ffs! What’s your middle name Steptoe!! Don’t touch it mate. Just buy new it really ain’t worth the hassle. :endesacuerdo:

Hi, just joined and first question. I'm doing my house up and been offered 10 sheets of 12.5 mm Gyproc plasterboard which is 15 years old plus. Been stored flat inside an unheated house shell (with doors & windows). Is it worth touching? Will be fitted on walls, on top of 9mm OSB, on 400mm studs. I know it's only saving £50 or so, but every £50 helps! Thanks in advance.
Don't use it.

Hi lads, I just found a pack of pork scratchings they're 15 years old 14 years out of date but sealed and look ok do you think I should eat them

Personally I wouldn't use it but if you pva it it will propbably be fine. But the pva will cost you about ten.

Op mate. Who the hell in their right mind would even think about using 15yr old plasterboard. Please!!!!
Yeah I wouldn't use it myself. But it's been in a heated house so I can't see why it wouldn't be alright once sealed for dust. I mean if it was already up on the ceiling or the wall and you just walked in ?

You said unheated house??
I didn't. It's not my thread. I'm not the op. I was just replying to it but your right he did say unheated. It might be shagged like you say. Fifteen years is a long time in a cold house with no ventilation. He could take it to B and Q, say he's lost the receipt and get a credit note.

I didn't. It's not my thread. I'm not the op. I was just replying to it but your right he did say unheated. It might be shagged like you say. Fifteen years is a long time in a cold house with no ventilation. He could take it to B and Q, say he's lost the receipt and get a credit note.
Sorry... The o p said unheated :rayos:

I say....go for it. The £50 you save will go towards the effort you’ll make putting it right. Everyone’s a winner.
You’re welcome.

Hi lads, I just found a pack of pork scratchings they're 15 years old 14 years out of date but sealed and look ok do you think I should eat them

This man here is the town character - read roaring derelict who's banished from everywhere, does kung fu on taxis and occasionally the Gard.

He mentions that he doesn't buy coal. That's because he's pulled all his floorboards up and burnt them. His banisters, his skirting, the lot.

He staggered in to the butchers one day asking how long sausages are good for. He'd found some under his pillow, you see. No idea how long they'd been there so he thought he'd seek out the butcher's advice.