PLASTERBOARD LIFTERS

irish_spread

Private Member
Hi peeps

Dunno if any of you use these. I work on my own most of the time now and have given up on putting 8x4's up on my own, use 6x3's now. Just seen some board lifters on eBay from a German supplier at £99, too good to be true ?

Just wondering do they speed up the job including set up times etc ?

Any input would be great as I'm getting on a bit now and will be 79 in October .

Cheers, Ed

I was gonna ask about these as well. I thought they seem too cheap for what they are but maybe ok for occasional use?

Ive got one Ed..it was my brothers he bought it for 130 quid I think off ebay about 3 years ago..then i acquired it off him.;)...minutes to set up and wouldn't be without it now.. So much easier and I'm 68

I have a bloke that uses one that works for me. I don't know how much he paid for his but makes easy work for ceilings for him. Last job he did 48 plasterboards if I did 20 I'd be happy tbh

Ive got one Ed..it was my brothers he bought it for 130 quid I think off ebay about 3 years ago..then i acquired it off him.;)...minutes to set up and wouldn't be without it now.. So much easier and I'm 68

Maybe I could ' acquire ' it off you, just to test like

I got one a few years now, it's very useful especially if you on your own, got it of eBay second hand, breaks down into 3 so easy to lob about

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Maybe I could ' acquire ' it off you, just to test like
I got one is it the red one I can't remember how much it was @Lodan just brought the same one ,no doubt he'll put the link up for ya when he is next on forum..really easy n quick to set up..great for work on your own

51TjLH+TCjL._SY400_.jpg
.. This one is the one I've got...maybe not top of the range in the board lifter market..but does the job

In all seriousness Irish do you not do the trick with a timber nogin screwed to the edge of you last board so there's no weight on your back?

Way quicker than props and they don't crash down and nearly take out a window or summet like props down now and then...

Once you've got your 1st board its a doddle and you've only got a piece of timber 2ft in shape of a letter C to bring into job!!!

they are a twart to use on domestics if you sheet up over carpets etc (a mistake i made only once) but are excellent on empty gaffs and new build/extensions.

In all seriousness Irish do you not do the trick with a timber nogin screwed to the edge of you last board so there's no weight on your back?

Way quicker than props and they don't crash down and nearly take out a window or summet like props down now and then...

Once you've got your 1st board its a doddle and you've only got a piece of timber 2ft in shape of a letter C to bring into job!!!

I'm getting to that age where even lifting a board now kills me. Anything that takes the smallest bit of effort would help. I'm gonna be 81 in December and sometimes a little bit of pee runs down my leg if I sneeze

Can you elaborate old bean?

@Pug...I'm sure you've probably seen before but here goes...

Get a piece of slate lat..about 2ft long screw 2 pieces of slate lat about 4" onto the ends so that you have a piece of timber the shape of a letter C...

Put your first board up and now every board after that you temporary screw that C to the edge of your last board to catch your next board...

So you now have 1 hand free for every board after..

Get a piece of slate lat..about 2ft long screw 2 pieces of slate lat about 4" onto the ends so that you have a piece of timber the shape of a letter C...

Put your first board up and now every board after that you temporary screw that C to the edge of your last board to catch your next board...

Still difficult with an 8x4 though but a great tip . I bought a similar plastic device off eBay but mysteriously disappeared on the one day I used it on site. Dobre as they say in Poland

I've always just used a couple of deadmen. It's getting the bastards up there in the first place I struggle with these days.

I've always just used a couple of deadmen. It's getting the bastards up there in the first place I struggle with these days.

That's just it though @Pug just use 6x3s and a timber noggin its child's play then bud...

Sod all that 8 x 4s heroics bollox!

Once you got use to using it the only effort is lifting board onto it , from then on it's joyful watching 2metres plus of board rising to the sky and your feet are planted safely on the ground,when turning the handle that raises it to within a mm of the next board, clamped firmly in position you can quickly nip for a coffee or a fag and when you come back the board is still there ready for a good screwing up.
:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you got use to using it the only effort is lifting board onto it , from then on it's joyful watching 2metres plus of board rising to the sky and your feet are planted safely on the ground,when turning the handle that raiser it to within a mm of the next board, clamped firmly in position you can quickly nip for a coffee or a fag and when you come back the board is still there ready for a good screwing up.
:rolleyes:

f**k that... Still got to get the boards down alleys through stairs furnished Houses blala

Nan domestics 6 x 3s all the way...site work yep 8 x 4s

Not been going long but out of everything best bit of Kit I bought.....standard ceiling no heroics 2.5 hours using 6x3's and zero back damage....never really used props so dont know how it compares

:wtf: Where the hecklers is @Kitchy when we need him he hates board lifters and doesn't use props :musculoso:

:birras: Takes 2 8x 4 fire line into room holds them both up with one arm and hilti screws them with his other arm ...I think :descansando:

I remember this English guy in potters bar (when you'd never see an English boarder/ plasterer on site). He would overtack all the ceilings in 3 bed mansard ceiling council houses in half a day. If you walked into a room just as he was putting a board on the ceiling , he'd swivel round to face you to have a chat for a couple of mins before bothering to put any nails in,holding it just with his head, no dead man.
Mr Peacock was his name I think back around 1990

I remember this English guy in potters bar (when you'd never see an English boarder/ plasterer on site). He would overtack all the ceilings in 3 bed mansard ceiling council houses in half a day. If you walked into a room just as he was putting a board on the ceiling , he'd swivel round to face you to have a chat for a couple of mins before bothering to put any nails in,holding it just with his head, no dead man.
Mr Peacock was his name I think back around 1990

Some men are just natural animalsand the genuine ones don't eben realise it...

Then theres just pretenders...

I'm in the I'm foooked and try and make life as easy as possible camp don't care if I'm G**!!!