Plasterboard hoist

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there the cheap ones I doubt they'll last long tbh I'd spend a bit more and get a half decent one I borrowed one and he hasn't used it that much and bits are starting to fall apart......depend how much you're going to use it

Had a mate of mine working on a job for me once and he didn't care much for the lab. They were banging up 8x4's and he thought it would be a good idea to fix them up by completely fixing one joist at a time, then he punched the lab for letting go and snapping the board poor fucka :-0

Had a mate of mine working on a job for me once and he didn't care much for the lab. They were banging up 8x4's and he thought it would be a good idea to fix them up by completely fixing one joist at a time, then he punched the lab for letting go and snapping the board poor fucka :-0

Hope the lab got back up and battered him with a shovel, poor sod. Sounds like a proper goon, Whoever heard of fixing one joist at a time?! Poor buggers arms were probably burning trying to hold that up while he buggered about like that.

Has anyone tried them plasterboard hoists off eBay? Just boarded and skimmed a 14'x16' ceiling today! I AM feeling the pain!!

Yeah we've got one of the ebay jobs and it's been OK although if we end up doing much more of our own tacking we'll invest in one of the dearer models that will be smoother.

JB how come your in pain mate ? could you not have used 6x3's and a set of props, or dead man, Take your time boarding til about half 1 then skim in the aft ! Surely it would take longer phafing about with a hoist.

JB how come your in pain mate ? could you not have used 6x3's and a set of props, or dead man, Take your time boarding til about half 1 then skim in the aft ! Surely it would take longer phafing about with a hoist.

They really aren't a faff mate and you can tack using 8X4 boards without knackering yourself. Also good for raked ceilings.

They really aren't a faff mate and you can tack using 8X4 boards without knackering yourself. Also good for raked ceilings.

Fair one on the raked ceilings, always gets the front of the sholders, but dont seem to get many vaulted ceilings to do for some reason.

Do they take up much room in the van ??

I use 8x4s cause you don't get as much waste when working to 400mm centres, with 6x3s you have to cut off 100mm or 200mm depending which way you put them

Axminster tools do a orange manual one for around £100. Ive had main 4 years cant fault it.

What about them 'boardmates' on the bricky tool website? Anyone tried them?

I've got the original metal ones and they're quite useful as well but don't make life as easy as the hoist.
I paid £125 for my hoist of ebay, it has the extension to do ceilings up to 16ft.

Do you use yours on you're own andy? I found it a bit floppy and the other thing was I couldn't even turn the handle with 15mm soundcheck cause my arm was bad :RpS_lol:

Do you use yours on you're own andy? I found it a bit floppy and the other thing was I couldn't even turn the handle with 15mm soundcheck cause my arm was bad :RpS_lol:

Yeah we got into a good little system with me getting the board up to the ceiling putting half a dozen screws in and then moving onto the next board while my son finished putting the screws in the previous one. That decent size ceiling we did a while back was just over 12ft high and I think the hoist was invaluable.

Yeah they are helpfull i have the metal ones but alass they are in Spain so bought the plastic ones for over here, didnt think they would last but they have.

Arrrrgh I was just about to buy them when the hard drive in my desktop sh1t itself. The computer was 5 years old so time to build a new one anyway I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.