Plasterboard falls off

Members online

No members online now.

James Floorreal

Can anyone help?? I have just put up four ceilings in plasterboard 9.5mm 600mm centres for a client, and the plasterer came today, he used multi finish in two coats, half way through the second coat the whole ceiling came down 5m x 4m all hit the deck, we screwed the board up with dry wall screws about every 8-10 inches.
the plasterer coated the first one to a depth of 4-5mm I thought that was to much then second coat 2-3mm the ceiling was un even and to my surprise he did not use a bonding coat to even out the ceiling first, the ceiling whilst on the floor now was so wet it just crumbled in your hands.
What in your opinion went wrong?

Unbelievable
charlton heston laughing GIF

Everything you’ve just explained is wrong.
- Wrong spec plasterboard for 600 centres.
- Too wide a spacing between screws (probably wrong length screws)
- Too much plaster on board.
You shouldn’t be working on people’s property.
6 or 7 screws across the width of the board seems fine to me.
Its a wind up or he's fired the screws so far through the board they were doing nothing

Everything you’ve just explained is wrong.
- Wrong spec plasterboard for 600 centres.
- Too wide a spacing between screws (probably wrong length screws)
- Too much plaster on board.
You shouldn’t be working on people’s property.
thanks for your help, if you ever need a hand with your IQ I will ask my goldfish to help you champ

That it? I think pretty everything is wrong.600 centres 9.5mm board.you can't even use 12.5mm on 600 centres
12.5mm is abit of a grey area on 600 centres lots of different opinions on it personally I think you need noggins on 600 centres if using 12.5mm board

Can anyone help?? I have just put up four ceilings in plasterboard 9.5mm 600mm centres for a client, and the plasterer came today, he used multi finish in two coats, half way through the second coat the whole ceiling came down 5m x 4m all hit the deck, we screwed the board up with dry wall screws about every 8-10 inches.
the plasterer coated the first one to a depth of 4-5mm I thought that was to much then second coat 2-3mm the ceiling was un even and to my surprise he did not use a bonding coat to even out the ceiling first, the ceiling whilst on the floor now was so wet it just crumbled in your hands.
What in your opinion went wrong?
Fuk me so he put around 8mm of skim on he did well doingbthat alone on a lid . Ha ha couldn't write it