Plaster shortage

Members online

Arti

Went to wickes this morning for some skim. Sign says couple of the kilns at BG are down. 2 week lead time.

Xmas has come early :birra:

See you f**k**s next year......:hola:

I love you santa

Went to wickes this morning for some skim. Sign says couple of the kilns at BG are down. 2 week lead time.

I love you santa

Endless pallets of it around here beds/Herts

I love you santa
Get the wand to magic some up

Knauf would be stupid to bring their finish to the uk, who on earth would want to compete on a 5 pound a bag product :endesacuerdo:

Knauf would be stupid to bring their finish to the uk, who on earth would want to compete on a 5 pound a bag product :endesacuerdo:

Interesting. However I guess it depends on their cost on getting out of the door.

I’d respectfully suggest they would see far more profit on that than the loss making pro roll

Interesting. However I guess it depends on their cost on getting out of the door.

I’d respectfully suggest they would see far more profit on that than the loss making pro roll
There's mpfinish I think it used to be around 8-9quid, now their multifinsh equivalent is around 25-30 quid a bag, no point shipping it in as it wouldn't sell in big quantities, architects qs would need to be aware of it then they can specify it for jobs, but then it still wouldn't shift. BG is brain damaged tbh, selling something for a fiver which flies through the merchants gate on a daily basis. I'm sure they still make quite a bit of profit with a small margin

There's mpfinish I think it used to be around 8-9quid, now their multifinsh equivalent is around 25-30 quid a bag, no point shipping it in as it wouldn't sell in big quantities, architects qs would need to be aware of it then they can specify it for jobs, but then it still wouldn't shift. BG is brain damaged tbh, selling something for a fiver which flies through the merchants gate on a daily basis. I'm sure they still make quite a bit of profit with a small margin

You say it’s to cheap, and @Vincey says it’s too dear

You say it’s to cheap, and @Vincey says it’s too dear
I think it's cheap mate, but that's just my thoughts on it. You don't see general public or one time have a goers buying finish over the continent to have a go even though you can get it in wickes like DIY stores, and that's down to the cost of it.

I think it's cheap mate, but that's just my thoughts on it. You don't see general public or one time have a goers buying finish over the continent to have a go even though you can get it in wickes like DIY stores, and that's down to the cost of it.

I’d say it’s more the cost of plasterers than the cost of plaster. Seriously though I reckon for every 10,000 bags sold maybe and I repeat maybe 1 is for a DIYer to have a stab at it

I’d say it’s more the cost of plasterers than the cost of plaster. Seriously though I reckon for every 10,000 bags sold maybe and I repeat maybe 1 is for a DIYer to have a stab at it
You probably right

Can't believe I just said that lol

Plenty of the stuff down under just got off the phone with the brother in law and they been using it in the perth are of oz for 4 month or so but it works out at around £13 a bag... and we re moaning about a few pence on a bag!!!!

BG can't be seen to take the piss with the price of finish plaster because they are an effective monopoly and in extreme cases could be forced to split the firm up.

MP finish also has more metre coverage than bg.
i prefer it mate.