Plaster problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

islandview

Im currently doing a full reskim and paint job at a house.
I started last week when the weather was hot and the rooms I were working in were like a sauna. They dried out within a couple of days.

My problem was when I painted one of the ceilings a 20cm2 patch of the second coat of skim came off on my roller. It just came clean off.

When I skimmed them I didnt have any trouble as they were on new boards. I didnt have any trouble with it going off too quick and I didnt suspect anything wrong at the time.

Would it be that it was just too hot and it dried funny?

I have sorted the patch out but I was just curious as to why it happened.

Cheers

sounds like your first coat had dried and your second didnt key, a bit like skimmin a freshly plastered wall without any PVA.

Im pretty sure it was fine when I did it.
The patch was just above the window so you may be right.
Oh well, ill just have to be a bit quicker next time.

Cheers

on the subject of a plaster problem. anyone every bought warm bags of plaster????? happened today. still warm today when leaving nearly 8 hours later???? was busy hacking off and floating. threw on a little of muti and seemed ok ish. chemical reaction in bag????? im in london so dont think that close to manufacturer. cheers

Yeah I've had bags of skim that were still warm, I assumed this was because they were very fresh from being manufactured. I suppose a pallet full of bags is gonna take quite a while to cool down. Had no problems using them though, wouldn't have known any different from any other mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.