Plaster lad cut my soil pipe off :(

magnethead

Hi,
Is this standard practice? I have a ICF wall, concrete form, 100mm insulation on the outside, I had a 4" soil pipe sticking out, and assumed that some stickout should be left for the plumber to attach his 90 onto, but the render guys just cut it flush.

I understand that I can cut into the new render and make room around it, but is this best practice? surely leaving a bit of stickout would have being the way to go?

I came here for some unbiased plaster lad opinions now ;p just tell me the truth, were they making life easy for themselves, or should they have left a bit of stickout?

THanks

Plaster-wavin.jpg

Hi, It's a new build (my first), I just stuck the soil pipe through the wall before the concrete was cast in place (ICF - lego block system). no way you'd push a new one through now, the concrete has a firm hold on it, I'll need (no choice) to cut around the pipe now to make enough room to stick on a 90 and then seal with some mastic..
The upstairs master ensuite (toilet, shower and sink) feed into this one outlet.

I had it sticking out about a foot before the plaster lads cut it flush.
Thanks

As above.
It's now a new waste pipe to come out the wall proud enough to elbow Into main soil stack. Not massive but not ideal if your not refurbing your bathroom at same time

ok, Hollybank and Windy, the pipe should never have being cut flush. I'm curious why they would have done that. how does it make life much easier for them?

Easier to rule off plaster or to use a scraping bar to get level .
So I take it bathroom isn't being refurbed?

And yes making it much easier for themselves and giving you a new plumbing bill to re instate

The renderers done a good job , obviously they wanted to do the best they could

Defiantly not a blame to try get a claim vote from me

I would say that they're bang out of order cutting the pipe flush. If it were so long as to make moving about on the scaffold awkward I'd have cut it back to 150mm, knowing that it leaves plenty for the plumber to connect to.

A real pro would of had this
Pipe in place to pick up no iffs arghhhs or butts

Your welcome

Well they ain’t flipping plumbers are they , can’t believe reading some of these comments
Trial by forum

The renderers done a good job , obviously they wanted to do the best they could

Defiantly not a blame to try get a claim vote from me
Same in reverse would be a spread bursting a pipe screwi g a board to a ceiling and saying I'm no plumber not my fault ..

If you've had 100 mm of insulation on and there was already a 90 degree elbow or tee to the stack, then chances are, they have just removed elbow and left it as is.

Hi, It's a new build (my first), I just stuck the soil pipe through the wall before the concrete was cast in place (ICF - lego block system). no way you'd push a new one through now, the concrete has a firm hold on it, I'll need (no choice) to cut around the pipe now to make enough room to stick on a 90 and then seal with some mastic..
The upstairs master ensuite (toilet, shower and sink) feed into this one outlet.

I had it sticking out about a foot before the plaster lads cut it flush.
Thanks
Screenshot_20200203_211111.jpg

Not a refurb Windy ;p Thanks for all your replies.
I can't be hard on these lads, it's the only thing they messed up, the 315m2 of render was sprayed so perfectly, I can't fault them, two base coats and render from Parex, Very happy with the job.

Thanks TOm81, I'm going to mention that double solvent weld coupler to the plumber :) that could be just the job!!

I can't be hard on these lads, it's the only thing they messed up, the 315m2 of render was sprayed so perfectly, I can't fault them, two base coats and render from Parex, Very happy with the job.

Thanks TOm81, I'm going to mention that double solvent weld coupler to the plumber :) that could be just the job!!
Your name isn't Scott by any chance is it!

If the pipe is flush with the finished render face then you will Be able to scrape enough out around the pipe to get a 90 straight on, once it’s pushed home it will be spot on into a pipe clip.
if the pipe was still protruding from the wall face it would have to be cut back flush anyway as it would be too far out for a pipe clip

If the pipe is flush with the finished render face then you will Be able to scrape enough out around the pipe to get a 90 straight on, once it’s pushed home it will be spot on into a pipe clip.
if the pipe was still protruding from the wall face it would have to be cut back flush anyway as it would be too far out for a pipe clip
Dont think so, by the time the 90 is fully home the radius will catch the render and the resulting pipe run will be too close to the wall.
You need the joining socket and a single socket 90 like this https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-sp161-92-5-bend-single-socket-black/70115 they were idiots for cutting it off, it was left long for a reason, at least the plumber was thinking ahead.

The best option is to start again from the inside with a fresh new correct length of 110

Last edited:
Thanks again for all your brilliant ideas.
I'll get a picture of the neighbors house as he had the same issue on his build. I'm hoping to use some superman fixings from fisher, on the soilpipe (Please note: this is a Vent stack too, so a T piece will have to connect in the photo above)
see below how the downpipe is held on with these fixings, a solid bolt if ever there was one.

Fixing.jpg

Fixing1.jpg

Downpipe.jpg

I priced a Lego House last year exceeding 300 square metres in Parex
Thought it might have been too much of a coincidence