Plaster in the eye

Members online

Valleyskim

Alright guys? First time posting on here although I've been a member for a while now!
Spent my Saturday night in a+e getting my eye washed, tested, washed, tested, scraped then washed again. Back down this morning for some more fun! Been plastering for about 7 years now and I've been lucky enough for it to not happen until now. I'm assuming it's happened to quite a few of you? What did you lot do to stop it happening, goggles or just sick it up and chance it?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Alright guys? First time posting on here although I've been a member for a while now!
Spent my Saturday night in a+e getting my eye washed, tested, washed, tested, scraped then washed again. Back down this morning for some more fun! Been plastering for about 7 years now and I've been lucky enough for it to not happen until now. I'm assuming it's happened to quite a few of you? What did you lot do to stop it happening, goggles or just sick it up and chance it?

I had a bad one few years back and had to go eye hospital in London after it happened I did wear glasses for a while but I will say I'm not religious as I should be now you only get one set of eyes

weve probably all been there at least once.
I find stepping back with the stroke rather than passing your trowel arm over your head will stop most of it dropping on your head.
only time I stick glasses on is in a cupboard or confined space where I'm directly under my trowel with nowhere to move.

Had it a few times. Worst one was about 5 years back doing an artex ceiling with a mix of multi and bonding - the grits in the bonding were a killer. Horrible horrible feeling.

I try not to go directly above my head.

Got a sh#t load straight in this fecker last year burnt the cornea 4 trips up the hospital but a lad on the same job dropped a tub of sand and cement down and it spat the muck around the back of his eye ! He was f#cked

Attachments

• 1485705103994.jpg
    1485705103994.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 316
I had a bad one few years back and had to go eye hospital in London after it happened I did wear glasses for a while but I will say I'm not religious as I should be now you only get one set of eyes
You still need glasses , obviously :vomito::whistle:

I usually step back with the stroke but was an absolute nightmare of a job. Floor tiles ripped up and pulled screed with it in patches was like walking on cobbles with the stilts on! It was a ceiling over artex and I did the multi bonding mix but luckily was putting second coat on when it happened. Another wash and clean out this morning and back again tomorrow, didn't even make money as it was a favour for family!

I've got it in my eye a few times. It's generally not too bad it you can hose it out or rinse under the tap.. I've done it real bad once though, for a big bit stuck by my tear duct and had to get it washed out professionally. Not worth the risk for one set.

Weve all had plaster in the eyes before at one time .....its the pricks that decide to rub it in more before trying to get rid of it i feel for.

Oooff, its nasty, did it a year or so back, eye shut for a few days like really bad conjunctivitis. Haven't done it since, always stay a step to the side now.

First ever ceiling I done it happened to me. Before I started coating my dad warned be about 5 times to be careful nothing drops in my eye. I was like yeah yeah whatever I have skimmed over 5 walls I know what I'm doing. Think it was like my second trowelful and splat right in the eye!

Welcome along

Never managed to get it in my eye but I always use to wear glasses :D

Wash your eye out with milk as soon as it happens.Takes the sting out of it.
I use cold milk when it happens to me......often trip over the toolbox trying to get the crap out the eye, dislodging the pair of super duper wrap around yellow smart as f**k safety glasses that I always have......the cold milk is soothing and the fat in it helps bind the crap in your eye to it, making it i easier to get out.

Done it today as it happens!
Mixing a small quantity of finish with a bucket trowel on a "freebie" on the way home.
Up it came & totally filled my right eye in ... worst in years I reckon and still sore 8 hours later.

I had an oriental lad labour for me and I was doing a ceiling. Had a bit of a rush on, overloaded me trowel and off it went, he's right under it lookin up and - SPLAT!! I've only gone and got plaster in me japs eye. Milk helped though!:bananas: