Plaster color consistency.

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike11

Hi, i was doing some patching on this guys house yesterday and i had a look at some plastering that had been done in the extension and i was wondering does anyone know how these guys have got there plaster to dry a consistent pink, it was like they had troweled it horizontally and it was completely pink not a single lighter or darker line in it, It was immaculate.

When i plaster and i have seen plenty of other plasterers plaster dry the same its flat and smooth but we get some lines in it that are either a darker or lighter color, does anyone know how they have got there plaster to look like this because it shows my plastering right up and my plastering has always looked bang.

A good way to know what im talking about is if you look at your plastering on a column that is thinner than your trowel you always get a consistent pink and flat surface, well that is what this guys plastering looks like on all his walls and ceilings, this was on plasterboard by the way.

Hello pal,This is how plaster should look,even uniform colour and texture . just decent spreads id say

It's the density of the microfibres compressed into a molecule that causes gypsum it's negating properties allows the pink structure to become visible in a alternating shave of light!!!!! I think

i know a plasterer in colchester who leaves it perfect no marks and he first coats flattens in perfect fills all misses with extra gear then lets it dry a bit then top coats and then trowels it till it rock hard looks stunning

i know a plasterer in colchester who leaves it perfect no marks and he first coats flattens in perfect fills all misses with extra gear then lets it dry a bit then top coats and then trowels it till it rock hard looks stunning

sounds like a really interesting fella toot!

It's the plasterer and not the gear.... He will put it on neat and quick then lay it down without the first coat pulling in too much.... Then he will catch it just right trowling it up before its set. Having said this the guy that taught me my trade always left it different colours but always left a good job ;-)

Dont use any water when trowelling and just a bit of clean water for the final trowel. Gotta be clean water.
Its the fat that dries a different colour

A sponge finish does leave a consistent colour but like you say its the fat so is not for me. A nice tidy first coat and just water on your trowel when finishing not flicked all over the wall.

Ive seem 2 spreads father and son skim a 3 bed house in a day .....plastering was the same... f...ing amazing spreads ...flawless all the same shade.
2 tight coats 16" marshell and a homemade plastic sign.
Them lads sussed it out.

Kept themselves spotless not a drop on the floors.
Haha pair of wankers !!!!

Dont use any water when trowelling and just a bit of clean water for the final trowel. Gotta be clean water.
Its the fat that dries a different colour

i always leave this finish if im not in a rush.

and soft brush cross trowel with clean water and super flex.

Ive been using sflex for a while.....put a light down yer walls.
They aint as good as marshel town.
You just cant get right pressure on with them.
It just looks nice when dries.
But ....they pass it.

What algeeman said i been noticing that ..with the mt it's flawless under a light . Bit of glancing light comes on ur work when the builder walks past when uve used the s/f .theres hell up

Ive been using sflex for a while.....put a light down yer walls.
They aint as good as marshel town.
You just cant get right pressure on with them.
It just looks nice when dries.
But ....they pass it.

I've been thinking that as well, just done four bedrooms in my own house this week only using s*p*r*lex after laying on. Going to paint next week and have a good look at them.

I've been thinking that as well, just done four bedrooms in my own house this week only using s*p*r*lex after laying on. Going to paint next week and have a good look at them.
s*p*r*lex is not for putting on with,or flattening with.

its for the final trowel.

It's for doing all your trowels I've been 1st troweling with my mt just to reassure me its flat then the sf looks good feels good but **** under a light

Your right there mate. Might start a thread about which socks to wear for work?? Ffs no doubt Nela will make some !??:rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.