Pipe boxes

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbles65

I've just put a tanking system in a basement and the bloke has asked me if I want to do the pipe boxes. Would pink grip be ok to set the battens onto the walls, or are there better adhesives out there?

you shouldnt use pink grip because i think its solvent based,i do a lot of cellar conversions and got told by damp proof spec from suppliers that they wouldnt gurantee it not to break down the membrane.
so i dont take the chance now wether its true or not,because i have to issue paper guarantees myself.
everbuild make a smilar type of product called sticks all in black cartidriges that as far as i know aint solvent based,its twice as good as pickgrip any road.

you shouldnt use pink grip because i think its solvent based,i do a lot of cellar conversions and got told by damp proof spec from suppliers that they wouldnt gurantee it not to break down the membrane.

Thanks for replying mate, but damp proof mob will tell you if you fart in the room more than twice a week it will invalidate the guarantee, doesn't mean it's true.:huh:

I was told pinkgrip is for poofs :rolleyes)
stick to gripfill mate best stuff on the market they also do a solvent free one yellow tube takes a while to go off though.
Are you battening out onto the tanking membrane or onto plaster??
If it's plaster you can use what ever you want mate :RpS_thumbsup:

Yaeh it's on the plaster - I just wanted to post the first thread in the new place really:RpS_sneaky::RpS_laugh::RpS_biggrin:

the best one ive ever seen is called sticks like s**t, a bloke did a demo for us, well, he stuck a bit of 3x2 onto a block pillar, half on half off, let it set and twatted it with a hammer and it took the block away rather than seperate from the wood

Status
Not open for further replies.