Petition

Members online

To make it criminal offence to not to pay for building work, sign it if you feel like it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think that's great but I also think that maybe a joint legal arrangement would be better suited for both client and contractor.
Protection should be given to both so to wean out all the Cowboys and also stop us from be had other by non payers.
It should be made for both domestic and site so contractors can't just bump subbies and get away with it aswell!
Never gonna happen though I think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's nothing to do with me just came up on my timeline and thought feck it you never know what happens might as well sign it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Big building contractors are the worst..heard some rite horror story's wat have literally broken people

I've never been had over I don't think it's down to luck more down to experience with reading a customer and experienced at your job. I always deal direct with the client from the start and it starts there the problem arises like what @Kitchy says when your dealing with big companies who are out to screw people over because they are mainly salespeople your dealing with who have an incentive to make a wage which means getting the cheapest then robbing them. Touch wood it's never happened but I guarantee if it did it wouldn't happen again and people would be aware of it. :)

Big building contractors are the worst..heard some rite horror story's wat have literally broken people
I can think of numerous people I know that have had mental breakdowns through the stress of losing money to bigger contractors.

During the recession in the late 80s there was a biggish (but local) firm went bump and took out half the smaller firms in Basingstoke. There were a couple of suicides. The c**t started up again a few months later in his wife's name. It's all wrong.

I can think of numerous people I know that have had mental breakdowns through the stress of losing money to bigger contractors.
I know of 1 guy who built his business up from bottom and lost 6 figures from 1 company who knew full well there were going under..wasnt a plasterer

That takes the biscuit doesn't it, when the same company go bust owing thousands and then just open under a new name.

That takes the biscuit doesn't it, when the same company go bust owing thousands and then just open under a new name.
There all do it there will just put there wifes/partners or who ever down as company directors till there suspension lifts