Pee'd off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had already gone in strong on the original price because it was for an ethnic (couldn't tell over phone) and I knew he'd haggle to within an inch of his life bit to agree a price, ring to confirm and then 3 hrs later want to haggle again.
:RpS_cursing: I want to punch the cant

watch it mate. PC brigade are watching

Asked to price a job last week , "has to be daytime" I'm told. Sox I can't, working during day I say. Long story short, trapped nerve in neck on weds so look at job and give price. Haggle haggle haggle, agree price so " i can start Monday" . They ring to say what time on Monday ? , "8 am" I reply.
They ring at 7pm today to ask will I deffo be there on Monday at 8 ?, "yes, I reply, it's taken me ages to locate an architrave shadow gap bead but I'll be there"
10 pm, can I reduce the price by £100 cos they got a better price .

NO U ***** :RpS_cursing:

If they are hagging at the front end, you'll face worse once the job is done.

We priced a job a while back and was given the whole we really want you to do it speel. About a week later a message is left on the answer machine again stating "we'd really like you to do the work but would you like to have another look at your quote".
I left it a couple of days and then phoned them back and said I'd had another look at the quote and that I was quite happy with it and didn't to raise it. There was the sound of silence on the other end of the phone. We didn't get the job lol.

No, my prices allow for negotiation, if they don't negotiate it down then it's worth doing. Depending on how big the job is and how hard they try and push on price will impact how much I'm willing to negotiate on.

It's all a numbers game in business and you don't seem to accept this.

Would I be open to a £1k reduction on a job? Yes, if it's big enough I would. Say it's a £20k job worth £3k profit to me at my rates and they want it done for £1k less. Am I going to say screw you and walk away from £2k profit? Unlikely! Would you?

with running costs you need 30% profit. with £2k profit on a risk of £20,000 i would walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.