Pee'd off

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had already gone in strong on the original price because it was for an ethnic (couldn't tell over phone) and I knew he'd haggle to within an inch of his life. But to agree a price, ring to confirm and then 3 hrs later want to haggle again.
:RpS_cursing: I want to punch the cant

I had one Friday, customer phoned me really keen to get a price, they were delayed so contacted me, changed time. Got to the house, gave them a price on the spot seemed really keen organised to start next week.

Then when I tried to contact them the following day to confirm really slow to respond to texts and started going all shady.

Those are the most annoying ones!!

Builder I do work for is sound, he knows the jobs done right and he doesnt mind paying the right price for it.. negotiate ?? fuk that, sooner take dog for a walk...

A bathroom fitter who I do a bit of work for will ring me expect me to give him a price their n then on the phone without seeing the job. N if he's not happy with the price just doesn't get in touch or answer any of my texts but other times snaps my hand off can't figure him out!??

A bathroom fitter who I do a bit of work for will ring me expect me to give him a price their n then on the phone without seeing the job. N if he's not happy with the price just doesn't get in touch or answer any of my texts but other times snaps my hand off can't figure him out!??
I;d sack him right off then mate..

Yeah like Cassie says ... had the same with some ex jumped up copper ... offering all trades but getting lads in to do it .... mithering about a acrylic job because ' his plasterers couldn't do it' lol ... ****** him right off the other day after he was expecting me to call round to a job that he hadn't spoke to in months ......

Only 1 persons pockets I line and that's my own .... told him to tell the customer to ring me direct ... proper saw his arse but I walked off laughing ..

we should have some massive pride, dont bow down to any M/F;er..... thats how prices get f@@@@@ up...

Figure him out????? He's a cvnt. :RpS_thumbup:

Figure him out????? He's a cvnt. :RpS_thumbup:

Actually, worse than that he thinks he owns you. He believes he is doing you a favour. :RpS_thumbdn:

I'm with you that it's not good to try to haggle the price once it's been agreed. But are you saying you don't negotiate at all?

I sub work out and whilst I don't expect to pay peanuts, I do expect some room for negotiation considering the size/value of the job and the amount of work I put their way.

I had a contractor that tried to negotiate away any profit I might ever make off of jobs he was throwing my way, and to add to it he would stretch out his payment for as long as he could get away with it (often over one and a half months). Every job it's like I'm trying to screw the hell out of him, in reality I'm not making hardly anything over wages. Ended up telling him to never call me again I'm done doing any work for their outfit. Over the years I could have used the extra jobs he used to throw at me but I'd rather stay at home and do nothing than work for them one more day.

Had this plumber recently who wanted to prep the whole job himself then get me into do the skimming...he said I know how to prep see hundreds of spreads doing it....so gave him a price for skimming and no guarantee because I'm not doing the prep.

Next thing I know every 5 minutes how do you do this, how do you do that.

Said pay me to do the whole job or find some1 else. Complete joke.

I am meeting a builder tomorrow who rang me Friday I'm going to price a job for him then He wants to see some of my work :) first time I've ever been asked off a builder or a customer to see a previous job so he is comin to look at the job I'm on at the minute. A lot more people should do this the. They know what they are getting and what they are paying for.

To a certain extent flynny, but I tell people if your not happy I won't charge you,people need to convince us to do their job as well as us begging to do theirs, I often tell them if anyone else is pricing I am not interested in wasting my time,mostly I do day work now but the odd price for those showing banks projected costs, they would not dare get a second price as I wouldn't take the job on,if I am busy I recommend plasterers to them

I am meeting a builder tomorrow who rang me Friday I'm going to price a job for him then He wants to see some of my work :) first time I've ever been asked off a builder or a customer to see a previous job so he is comin to look at the job I'm on at the minute. A lot more people should do this the. They know what they are getting and what they are paying for.
Thats you fuked then pal..lol...

i used to work for a bathroom fitter before i joined the firm im with now, at first he started out fine diddnt quibble with prices but as the years went on he got worse and worse until one day i was just finishing everything that he had told me to skim when the client came in and he did, the client said oh are you not skimming this aswell?? to which i replied i wassnt asked to then the bathroom fittter started saying "yes i did i told you to do all of that blah blah blah, really calling me out and making me look the **** infront of the client, well i lost it in the end told the fitter to fu ck off and ended up with my hand round his throat against a wall that still needed another trowel.
i know proberly not the right thing to do but over the years he had got worse cutting prices all the time longing out payments and this ended up being the straw that broke the camels back

To a certain extent flynny, but I tell people if your not happy I won't charge you,people need to convince us to do their job as well as us begging to do theirs, I often tell them if anyone else is pricing I am not interested in wasting my time,mostly I do day work now but the odd price for those showing banks projected costs, they would not dare get a second price as I wouldn't take the job on,if I am busy I recommend plasterers to them

like dom ino:RpS_thumbup: good shout

i used to work for a bathroom fitter before i joined the firm im with now, at first he started out fine diddnt quibble with prices but as the years went on he got worse and worse until one day i was just finishing everything that he had told me to skim when the client came in and he did, the client said oh are you not skimming this aswell?? to which i replied i wassnt asked to then the bathroom fittter started saying "yes i did i told you to do all of that blah blah blah, really calling me out and making me look the **** infront of the client, well i lost it in the end told the fitter to fu ck off and ended up with my hand round his throat against a wall that still needed another trowel.
i know proberly not the right thing to do but over the years he had got worse cutting prices all the time longing out payments and this ended up being the straw that broke the camels back

I bet you still didnt drop any gear though Jace.......................:RpS_thumbup:

I priced a job for a bird she wanted all the ceilings,lids,roof :RpS_laugh: in the 3 bed house she just brought skimmed so i gave her a price.
She called me up and said she had been quoted £50 cheaper by another spread and can i match that as they really wanted me to do the job:RpS_confused:
I said nope!................ phone went quiet for a while then she stuttered a couple of words and hung up:RpS_thumbup:
I aint got time for that shat
Sorry didn't mean to hit dislike I was trying to press reply and say "Just Do iiiitttttt !!" Lol

Some of you seem to be shooting yourselves in the foot. I hope you're all busy enough for it not to matter, but £50 off a whole house skim? Hardly a massive reduction, you should still have made good money off it.

I disagree. your price is your price. if you wanted to work for £50 less then quote that in the first place. its not losing £50 thats the problem. its the cheek of people. I had a couple say they wanted me to do the job but wanted me to match another chaps price. I said if you want me you pay my price. if you want to pay the other price you get him. never got the job.

I love when customers ask me will I match a price or lower mine. I say no and they say oh ok. we still want you to do the job then lol.

I had one a few months back and she expected a discount because it was a recommendation. no love. and for that I put the price up and told her I was busy when she accepted

do you always go in big with your prices expecting to be knocked down in price by the customer?

If I was asked to knock £50 off a full house re-skim then I would have the room to move if I wanted to. It would depend on a few factors such as their 'like-ability' (it makes a difference when you're working in someones' house), how busy I am and most importantly it would depend on how they answered my reply which is simple enough.
"If I say I'll knock £50 off, is the job mine?"
Anything other than a straight "Yes" and I would walk, I'm not into bidding wars :RpS_thumbup:

No, my prices allow for negotiation, if they don't negotiate it down then it's worth doing. Depending on how big the job is and how hard they try and push on price will impact how much I'm willing to negotiate on.

It's all a numbers game in business and you don't seem to accept this.

Would I be open to a £1k reduction on a job? Yes, if it's big enough I would. Say it's a £20k job worth £3k profit to me at my rates and they want it done for £1k less. Am I going to say screw you and walk away from £2k profit? Unlikely! Would you?

Thanks for letting me know its a numbers game, Are you saying that i dont know anything about business because i dont negotiate?

once you start knocking money off, it leaves a bad taste, I never do it, but thats just me, not even 10p..lol

once you start knocking money off, it leaves a bad taste, I never do it, but thats just me, not even 10p..lol

Spot on m8 .... ive never had a customer ring me and say 'o will you drop your price' ..... the reply would be no ... I don't just come up with a magical number and think i'll let the customer knock me down .... I know what im worth so why would I drop it ?? ....

Status
Not open for further replies.