Pebble Dashing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup agree, get on you tube, start with manhillside then work your way to Dougie :RpS_thumbsup:

I think best way tro learn what your after is to go and work with someone whos experienced... that way you learn hands on.. if your a plasterer, its easy enough to pick dashing/rendering up...

Easy to fuk it up too

massively mate, I think its the hardest job to '' have a go at '' in our game.. once you start its game on, especially on a gable etc.. forget your 100m2 skims.... get on some dashing , then you got to know whats what..

if your a plasterer, its easy enough to pick dashing/rendering up...

=cassie;841522 I think its the hardest job to '' have a go at '' in our game.. once you start its game on, especially on a gable etc.. forget your 100m2 skims.... get on some dashing , then you got to know whats what..
......:RpS_unsure:.....:RpS_unsure:...:confused:..eh?

dashing is one of the easest jobs to make a balls of and if ur doing anythink big it pays to have lots of lads with u its not a one man job

......:RpS_unsure:.....:RpS_unsure:...:confused:..eh?
what I mean is '' skimmers '' go on about how many bags they bang on in a gauge,,, get on a big gable with just a labourer... that sorts the boys out..lol...
so easy to get in the **** dashing if you dont have much idea....

i watched a Sam smith you tube video last night , woke up today still cant sing like him , :RpS_confused: dont figure ......

Dashing gables is tough going, 1 spread dashing and 2 good spreads coating in front of ya. 2 labourers prepping feeding ya stone and muck..

Just done a big gable at a dashing job, one plasterer had attempted it and there was three different lifts on the scaffold and each one had about 3/4 joints in the dashing.
The plastering company that done it were called Baldwins.

Ironic

I used to do it with just a labourer.. had some hard days..lol... loving it when the weathers a bit misty and dull...

Easy enouth in the cold but in summer you need to be well organised.

I can teach anybody anything about rendering except beading up and dashing. Sack em, then they learn out of desperation.

Just done a big gable at a dashing job, one plasterer had attempted it and there was three different lifts on the scaffold and each one had about 3/4 joints in the dashing.
The plastering company that done it were called Baldwins.

Ironic

they did not know how to cut a joint?

@malc the best thing Iv seen round my way far too much is people trying to dash and using angle beads

Last edited by a moderator:
@malc the best thing Iv seen round my way far too much is people trying to dash and using angle beads

that is a boys way.
dash down a low as poss and cut back the dashing using the sharks tooth pattern, then you have hidden the joint, as you dash the next lift. that is the way we drop tower blocks.

Thanks for all the replies. What is the shark tooth method you describe? This is the kind of information I haven't found anywhere so thanks. It's what led me to this site in the first place. You can probably find a description of how to make a nuclear bomb online but I have found good plastering and rendering instructions lacking even on Youtube. Could someone please just briefly run through the process? It's not something I'd do for a customer unless I was good at it but I might practice on one of my rentals in the spring. It's just something I'd like to learn. Thanks

when you want to joint dashing, instead of leaving a straight joint that will stand out like a sore thumb. cut the dashing back a long the joint with a line of v"s , like a sharks tooth, then when you blend in the lower level you have hidden the joint.

@Alastair please don't just give dashing a go! It's not easy first of all your rendering coat has to be the same thickness and the right consistency, then when you throw the stone it has to be thrown at the correct angle, one throw wrong and you've messed it up and thats just the basics mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the other hand give it a go, then try something like these tower blocks.

Attachments

• 1422302172455.jpg
    1422302172455.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 252
Thanks for explaining that Malc. I.m not going to do a big gable PricePlastering lol. I just want to practice on a few small walls. There's an old outhouse and a single storey extension where I can practice so why not. Did you do the tower blocks? Not on your own obviously. It must feel great to be that competent at what you do. There are Youtube videos as somebody suggested. But most are too short. They seem to be done by amateurs. Like myself. There are a few that I could watch over and over the plasterers are that good but not many.

Status
Not open for further replies.