pea gravel then screed oys doys

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblones

anyone know of screeders who bulk the floor with pea gravel and then just pour a self levelling over it so it soaks up, binds and leaves a good finish

Interesting, does it not need a second visit? Thought it might slump after a month or so.........

I have seen project reports on lytag for the same type of system. Its on a weber web page. The use a backing screed to pour over it ten a 10mm quick drying screed. I have heard about people using a cheap levelling screed over pea gravel. using a g4 or similar. it sounded an alternative to liquid.

yes as a pump hirer i have often in the past pumped onto pea gravel.you need good floor preperation,the floor you are pumping onto needs to be scabbled or blasted then primed with a good sealer/primer,apply stones and again prime following manufactuers instructions,let dry and then pump the flowing screed over it,done properly its a good job and saves money========

I'd say the cost is very similar. The advantage is drying times and not waiting for screed all day. Its more work though.

Putzyparsnips. How did you work out the amount of material required, obviously some gets soaked up and then you need a bit on top. and what about laying the gravel was that a pain

The gravel is easy mate it more or less lays itself just rake it about and needs very little compacting.

as i see it. you got 100 mts to do. For sake of demo say its worth 300 quid with liquid you set up wait for gear then pour. Maybe 2 men. You could be waiting all day for screed or it could come early. its luck of draw down this way. either way it takes 3 hrs very maximum labour the rest is spent waiting.

For trad its worth 300 quid again. you arrive someone loads all the areas and you are on your knees all day earning .

With gravel. you turn up barrow in 9 ton of pea gravel then set up your machine and pour the screed. Theres a load more manual labour are you any better off unless its the short drying times you need. I aint saying its a waste of time i would like to know more about where it could be used. Obviously compared to traditional methods its less labour intensive and leaves a better finish.
Would it work over UFH

as i see it. you got 100 mts to do. For sake of demo say its worth 300 quid with liquid you set up wait for gear then pour. Maybe 2 men. You could be waiting all day for screed or it could come early. its luck of draw down this way. either way it takes 3 hrs very maximum labour the rest is spent waiting.

For trad its worth 300 quid again. you arrive someone loads all the areas and you are on your knees all day earning .

With gravel. you turn up barrow in 9 ton of pea gravel then set up your machine and pour the screed. Theres a load more manual labour are you any better off unless its the short drying times you need. I aint saying its a waste of time i would like to know more about where it could be used. Obviously compared to traditional methods its less labour intensive and leaves a better finish.
Would it work over UFH

it wouldnt work over ufh because you would have voids thus effecting the heat distribution.

sounds a pain in the arse job to be honest.

so just out of interest, if you read what i put the other day about the screed i laid, it was approx 40m at 4 inches. what would you guys use? or how would you approach it? to make the most out of having a machine and yet being cost effective?

If you were laying semi dry nik then the pea gravel system woul be less work.
The liquid screed would fill all voids between the gravel. So should wrap round the pipes in theory because the gravel won't
On another note maybe weber lwa would work better and be easier to handle
It's about 4.50 a bag

it isnt really saving you anything using gravel, bar materials cost for the flo screed.

only economicial if you are pumping bagged material.if you are on a job that that bagged material and the supplier of the material is specified as ready mix is alraedy a lot cheaper than bagged material it would not pay when pumping it.if you are useing bagged material if you can save yourself several tonne well then this may be your profit REMEMBER only pays if you are pumping bagged material,

putz, i dont know your name so ill call you putz,and i cant send a pm to you yet.

am i right in thinking that putzmeister own the lancy group?
the reason i ask is, im looking at buying another machine this year, along side my other[ i have a utiform v2]
ive seen the lancy ph9 S and it looks a nice bit of kit, at the moment im debating weather to buy another new utiform at around 18 grand plus vat or to try another machine, so any info on the machine and cost would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.